thirty - four

Since the day that Sirius Black broke into the castle again, Hogwarts had been on lockdown. Curfew had become stricter, eyes were always watching, and now trolls guarded the Gryffindor portrait. That was for everyone else; Rosalie was given her own special treatment. Every painting in the school was instructed by Dumbledore to keep an eye on her. If she was somewhere she was not meant to be; they were to inform Snape, Dumbledore or Mcgonagall. Though Rosalie was sure it would always be her Godfather to show up. He always was the one to find her; it was like he had a second sense for it.

Rumours spread rapidly of the events that happened, and Ron loved the attention of it all. Every time Rosalie walked passed him, she would hear him telling the story of how he 'survived Sirius Black'. She was sure the story was getting more and more ridiculous every time. It started with Sirius having a knife, but now when Ron was telling the story, Sirius was yielding a large sword that would represent one in strange muggle video games.

Rosalie leaned on the back of the sofa, poking her head onto Ron's shoulder. "Don't you think it is strange though that he could not kill four sleeping boys? Sounds like he is a bit of shit mass murder if you ask me." Yes, her mind was still trying to figure out what actually happened that night. She refused to believe that a mass murder would not take the opportunity to kill. It made no sense to her.

"Well, no one is asking you," Ron sassed back, a smug look on his face as he tried to impress his friends. Rosalie however, was not so impressed. She brought her hand up and smacked the backside of his head. "Ow!" He cried, eyeing her from the side as he rubbed where she hit. "I think when I woke and screamed, he got scared and scattered. He must have realised that if he stayed, he would not have escaped in time."

Rosalie pondered what the younger boy had said as she left the common room. He had an extremely valid point. She did not think of that. She was too wound up in her own world that Sirius was not a mass murder that she did not think rationally at all. Maybe Mcgonagall was right; finding out he was her real dad had put an effect on her. She could not believe how childish she was being.

"Where do you think you're going, young lady?" Rosalie stopped in her tracks, turning to the Fat Lady's portrait.

Sir Cadogan was replaced. He was the one that let Sirius Black into the Common Room, though he argued, "Why should I have not let him in? He had the password?" Mcgonagall was furious nonetheless and asked Dumbledore to bring back the Fat Lady. It turned out Sirius Black got the password from Neville, who always forgot it and had to write it down on a piece of paper, which he lost, which then was found by Sirius. That meant Neville was not allowed the password anymore. If he were alone, he would have to wait outside the Portrait for someone else to arrive.

Rosalie was careful of the mindless trolls that walked by as she replied. "It's now curfew yet, why does it matter?" It was only one o'clock; there was no need for the Fat Lady to ask.

"Where are you going?" The Fat Lady repeated sternly. Rosalie rolled her eyes but answered, regardless, not wanting to cause any trouble.

"Every Saturday at one I have a lesson with Professor Lupin." It had been a week since their close encounter. He had continued to be standoffish. Rosalie tried arriving at her DADA lessons early like she often did, hoping she'd be able to talk, but Remus would always enter just as the lesson would start. He was not allowing her anytime to speak. Even after lessons, Remus was quick to leave. There was no doubt he was avoiding her, and every time he did, her heart broke a little more, and her spirit diminished little by little until there would be nothing left. Rosalie hoped that her weekend lessons would be a perfect time. He could not avoid her there. "May I go now?"

"Oh wait, you just reminded me!" The Fat Lady squealed, provoking Rosalie to flinch at her sudden high pitched voice. "He came by not too long ago. He told me to tell you that your lessons will be with Professor Snape from now on!"