nine

The next few days that passed were unusually quiet for Rosalie. She stayed out of people's way and attended all of her lessons with no problems. Including Divination, she hated it more than she thought she would, making her more determined to do the polyjuice potion for her and Fred to switch places. 

Every night she attended Snape's detention where he had got her to make a new potion for him. It was a different one every other night, depending if she completed it or not, they were all very difficult. She often found herself wearing a face mask of some sort as her first attempt blew up and nearly took her eyebrows off. Despite this though, she enjoyed the 'detentions' with Snape, she finally felt like she was learning the right things for her age. She was finally challenged and she loved it. However, what she didn't love was potions class. She loves doing potions but she found the class boring, she already knew everything and Snape was horrible to all of her friends.

"Draco is back..." Neville mumbled to her as he strolled in halfway through their double potions lesson. His arm was still in a sling and from what Harry and Ron told her it seemed he was just faking it all for the attention. Rolling her eyes she could sense that the peacefulness of the last few days would soon vanish.

They were in the middle of making a Shrinking Potion and Rosalie, to no one's surprise, had already finished her potion perfectly, already feeling bored of her class.

"Rosalie, help Draco with his potion," Snape commanded, earning glares off the young witch. In spite of Snape obviously favouring her at times at Hogwarts, he definitely found a way to annoy her, especially when it came to Draco. She didn't understand why he always did it to her. If he had to partner people up, it was always Rosalie and Draco, if Draco ever needed help it was always Rosalie who had to do it.

With one last glare, she turned to face Draco, who sat next to Ron and Harry. Both of them holding the same annoyed look towards the blonde pure-blood. He smugly smiled at her as she made her way over to him. Ignoring her blood boiling, she forced a smile. Things had been better the last few days, she refused to let Draco ruin it.

"How can I help Draco?" She chimed her happiness surprisingly him.

"Oh eh," He started, almost lost for words "These roots. Cut them up for me."

"Of course." Rosalie swiftly picked up the knife and smoothly cut the roots, each size perfectly the same all the way through.

"How the hell!" Ron hissed from beside her. "It took me ages to do mine neatly an-"

"Shut it, Weasley," Draco interrupted, causing Ron to go brick red.

"Or what Malfoy! You'll tell your dad?" He replied, but before Draco could think of a comeback, he was interrupted by the already fed up red-headed girl.

"No arguing, or fighting! Ron, you just focus on yourself, and Draco you shut up because we all there is nothing wrong with your arm...unless you want me to make something wrong with it." Her voice grew dark as she spoke to the blonde boy. She refused to let the peace she had recently get ruined by the smug pureblood.

"Rosalie, I changed my mind," Snape stated, catching the attention of all three students, "Harry and Ron can help Draco. I've got something else for you to do."

She smirked at Draco as she walked to the potions master.

"How can I help Professor?"

He turned his back to the class, Rosalie raised her eyebrows up to him.

"I need you to try and make a potion for me." He started, handing me the large potions book. "This one is rather important, but I have no time to make it myself, follow the instructions carefully, don't leave until you finish the potion, not even for any other class. Understand?"

"Eh-" She stuttered, flustered by his task. "ye-yes of course Professor."

"Good, head to my office and get started immediately. Page 394." With that he turned back to the class, dismissing Rosalie and anything else she would have said. Grabbing her stuff she made her way down to Snape's office.

Snape sounded more serious than he usually did for the task she had been handed. "This one is rather important" she heard his voice in her head say. Despite the pressure she felt to do it right, she felt pride, he had entrusted her to do it.

"Okay Rosalie, don't fuck this up." She spoke loud as she placed her stuff down onto the floor and the potions book onto the desk, or what she thought was a potions book.

"Defense against the dark arts?" She questioned, reading the title of the book that laid in front of her. For a moment she thought Snape had made a mistake but Snape never makes mistakes.

As she placed her hand onto the book, she paused for a moment, unknown caution striking her. Taking a deep breath she sat down and opened the book to page 394.

"Werewolves?"

He must have made a mistake she thought, quickly flicking through the next few pages, seeing images of werewolves gave her the chills. Sighing she flicked back to page 394, her eyes scanning the texts looking for anything to do with a potion.

 "A werewolf is a human being who, upon the complete rising of the full moon, becomes a fearsome and deadly near-wolf. This condition is caused by infection with lycanthropy, also known as werewolfry..." she started to mumble the words as her interest started to peak about the subject. "Werewolves can be easily distinguished from regular wolves by their shorter snout, more human-like eyes, the tufted tail, and their mindless hunting of humans whilst in wolf form. At all other times, they appear as normal humans, although they will age prematurely, and will gain a pallor as the moon approaches and then wanes. A mixture of powdered silver and dittany applied to a fresh bite will seal the wound and allow the victim to live on as a werewolf, although tragic tales are told of witches and wizards begging for death rather than becoming werewolves."

Sitting back, her interest in the subject started declining as she couldn't bare the thought of someone being a werewolf, it sounded horrible. A fate she wouldn't wish upon anyone, not even Malfoy. Dreading every month, every day even as it gets closer to the full moon would be awful.

Her eyes glanced back to the book, a specific words catching her eyes.

"Wolfsbane Potion..." Leaning forward she continued to read the following text.

The Wolfsbane Potion, invented by Damocles, allows the werewolf to keep their human mind during transformation, Lycanthropy is a magical illness known to be spread by contact between saliva and; thus, when a transformed werewolf bites a human, the bitten will become a werewolf themselves. Most, however, will die from the extent of their injuries in the instance of a werewolf attack as noted by. If a werewolf is in human form and bites the victim, they will merely gain lupine tendencies such as a fondness for rare meat. Any bite or scratch obtained from a werewolf, whether in human or animal form, will leave permanent scars. Though they can live otherwise normal lives, on every full moon a werewolf will go through an incredibly painful transformation from a human into a wolf-like creature. They lose the ability to think in a human way, becoming highly aggressive towards humans — even those to whom they are close. Though werewolves usually only infect their victims through biting, they sometimes take it too far and kill their victims. Without any humans nearby to attack, or other animals to occupy it, the werewolf will attack itself out of frustration. This leaves many werewolves with self-inflicted scars and premature ageing from the difficult transformations.'  

"So that's what Snape wants me to make." Grabbing her face mask and setting up her equipment, she got to work on the potion. It was far more difficult than any other potions Snape had given her so far, and she tried to ensure no mistakes were made. Which ultimately did not happen. Her first attempt boiled over and made a hole in her bag. Her second attempt was slightly better but became more like thick slime than liquid and her third attempt nearly took her eyebrows off...again.

However, her fourth attempt she had finally got everything right. Completing the potion perfectly. She smiled proudly to herself, the potion should have been way out of her skill range.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Made Rosalie jump and fall out of her chair. It was her watch.

"Shit Lupin's class!"