21. Helicarrier Lab & Break Room.

SCARLET POV:
4th June 2012: Helicarrier: Lab:
I lay my back down onto the cold metal of the table, I try to think of warmth to become invisible, it's hard, because all that's on my mind right now is a needle.

I need to be calm, I need to be brave, I need to do this, it'll be over soon. Just relax, it's just a needle, just a... needle!

"I'll do the x-ray first." I turn my head to the side, to see Bruce setting up a machine. I face the ceiling and close my eyes. Once the x-ray was taken it was time for the needle, I was using all my energy to focus on not turning invisible, knowing it would take twice as long and be so much more difficult for him to take blood from someone he can't see. I lay there with my eyes closed holding onto the table with both hands, trying to stay calm and visible for what felt like hours "That's it."

Thank goodness it's over!

But I don't dare open my eyes, I don't want to see any of what's going on right now "Scarlet, it's alright, it's over. You can open your eyes now." I hear the lab door open and I feel Bruce's warm hands on my arm, the stinging hasn't stopped, but the heat is helping ever so slightly "Open your eyes, sleeping beauty."

Tony, he comes up with new nicknames all the time doesn't he?

"I've put everything away, none of it's on show anymore." Bruce tries reassuring me, I open one eye and glance around the room slightly, Tony starts laughing and I notice a small smile on Bruce's face, I open my other eye and let out a breath. Bruce helps me sit up and dangle my legs over the edge of the table "Let's get some food in you. I'll go get some." "No!" I couldn't stop myself from reaching out and grabbing Bruce's sleeve as he started to walk towards the door "Wow kid, you're definitely improving your confidence." I feel my cheeks blush slightly at Tony's comment.

I didn't mean to shout, I just don't want to stay in this room any longer. I want to leave, get the food myself.

"Can I go?" "You want to eat with everyone else?" I nod my head "You really have gotten more confident." I shrug slightly "Alright, but we'll take it slowly." Bruce gently holds my arm and helps me get down from the table, I wobble slightly on my feet and I have a headache, probably from the lack of blood. Bruce picks up on this and walks to my other side to support me "Just lean on me alright, you're body lost enough blood to make you uneasy on your feet." I nod and allow him to help me as we walk, slowly but surely, with Tony holding open doors. On our way to the break room I spot a person who's kinda glowing around the edges, he's wearing a black suit and is following an Agent, reading what's in his hand.

Odd.

We turn a corner and I lose sight of him, we arrive at the break room.

THOR POV:
4th June 2012: Helicarrier: Break Room:
There I was telling Captain Rogers a tale about the most challenging fight I ever won, when the break room door opens, Stark walks in and holds the door open for Dr Banner, who is holding up a pale skinned Lady Scarlet. I'm about to stand to assist her when Warrior Barton speaks up "You didn't beat her up that bad, did you?" He was directing his question at Lady Natasha who is glaring intently at the three at the door. Dr Banner lowers Lady Scarlet onto the chair opposite me, I hear Lady Natasha speak "No, this was Bruce's doing, he had her in the lab."

What on Midgard were they doing together in the lab, to put the poor lady in a state like this?

Warrior Barton seems to be thinking the same thing as I "What did you do to the poor girl?" He gestures towards her limp form, she moves her arm slightly above the table, I see a band aid, everyone nods in understanding.

Why does an injury work as an answer, what did Dr Banner do to her? I am so confused.

"Here you go." Stark sets a bowl of macaroni and cheese, along with a glass of drink in front of her, a smile creeps onto her face.

Perhaps a favourite food.

She eagerly picks up her fork and takes a mouthful of pasta, she closes her eyes and I notice her body relax.

She is focussing on nothing but her food, I know the feeling!

"Man that girl is hungry." I hear Stark mutter as he takes a seat next to her. I too shove a forkful of food into my mouth, enjoying it immensely.