23. Helicarrier.

TONY POV:
5th June 2012: Helicarrier:
Eye Patch locked the door and told me to leave, so I run straight to the lab, where I know Banner will be, what surprises me is that most of the Avengers are there, accept Legolas "Tony, you alright, you look a little pale?" Banner is the first to notice me "Something's wrong, the angry Pirate stormed off to his office with Scarlet, he wouldn't let me in there with them." "It could just be-" "He was furious!" We rush down the halls and come across Legolas eating a muffin, Natasha grabs his arm and drags him along with us. When we arrive, we put our ears to the door to listen, I hear him "You are my number one suspect, I will gather as much information as I can-"

What!?

That's all I had to hear before I motioned to Capsicle to break the door down, an angry look on his face. The door slams open, that's when we notice the situation we just walked into, Scarlet is sitting in the chair opposite the desk, with her hands on the arms of the chair, hands scrunched up in fear, she's leaning as far back as possible with a terrified look on her face. The Pirate is leaning so far over her that if you were to push him from behind there would be no chance of him staying on his feet, he's staring her down. As soon as we open the door he stops speaking and she turned invisible the quickest I've ever seen, he continues staring at her, glaring.

What the hell does he think he's doing?!

The angry Pirate snaps his head towards us, glaring at us, if looks could kill, we'd be nothing but ash.

He looks furious!

"GET OUT!" No one moves, he leans back against his desk and huffs in annoyance "This has nothing to do with the rest of you, this only concerns Miss Olsen!" He directs his attention back to an empty looking chair, the silence in the room allows us to hear her ragged breaths.

Uh oh.

I look to Bruce, who gives me a concerned look "Sir-" Just as I'm voicing my concerns Scarlet becomes visible, struggling for breath, her eyes trying to close, she's struggling to stay conscious.

BRUCE POV:
5th June 2012: Helicarrier:
I push through the doorway and run over to Scarlet, who is pale and shaking slightly on the chair, her body beginning to slip, I lower her onto the floor and feel for her pulse.

This isn't good, her heartbeat shouldn't be this fast.

"Her heart is beating too fast, this is dangerous." Stark speaks to Fury "I was about to warn you about this!" He then runs over and helps me stabilise Scarlet the best we can "Hey, Scarlet, can you hear me?" She weakly nods her head at my question "I need you to try and breathe deep, we need to settle you down." Stark tries showing her how to breath properly, she shoots him a glare, while attempting to catch her breath "Scarlet? Scarlet look at me." She turns her attention back to me, I notice her eyelashes flicker.

Oh no she's slipping away, we can't let her fall unconscious if we can help it.

"You need to think of something that relaxes you, something you enjoy. Maybe a trip out to the beach or reading a book in front of a fire."

It's working, she's got something in mind.

Stark joins in "Sitting stroking your dog back home or listening to music." Her breathing is getting back to normal and her heart rate is slowly decreasing, but she's still pale and shaking. I notice her eyes look at one of the people behind us, her expression softens.

By the look on her face I assume she has locked eyes with one of them, but who?

Her breathing is back to normal and her heart rate almost there, the colour seeping back into her face. I help her to her feet, immediately after standing she almost topples forwards, Stark manages to grab her before she drops, he puts his arms around her shaking body, holding her close. She closes her eyes and calms her shaking, as Stark shoots Fury a glare, he looks at me, then looks down at Scarlet before speaking "Why don't the three of us go to the break room, eh?" She nods and opens her eyes, everyone else moves out of the way, allowing us to leave, I follow them. I turn back to see everyone else walking into the office and shutting the door behind them.

Fury's in for a treat.