29. Helicarrier Break Room.

STEVE POV:
6th June 2012: Helicarrier: Break Room:
I walk into the break room to see Scarlet typing away on a portable computer, I make myself some coffee and take a seat opposite her.

Should I announce myself or just remain quiet? She seems so immersed in whatever she's doing.

"Hello." I look up from my coffee in surprise, I notice Scarlet peering over the device, with a smile on her face "Morning, sorry if I disturbed you." "You didn't, don't worry." "Alright, good. If you don't mind me asking, what're you up to?" "I haven't exactly been doing my job since I've been at S.H.I.E.L.D, so I'm catching up, there's a lot I'm behind on." "Oh yeah, I remember you being introduced as a visitor, I'm surprised Director Fury hasn't hired you." "I'm not ready for that, for everything here. I'm an admin, nothing more."

Is that what she thinks about herself?

"Where do you work, do they know you're here?" "I work for Tony, at Stark Industries. I accidentally turned invisible when I met his girlfriend, so he brought me here."

Accidentally? Maybe she doesn't have control of it.

"Anyway I'll leave you to do your work." "Thanks." She looks back down at the device and starts frantically typing.

How can she do that so fast? Does she even know what she's typing or is just making a mess on the page? She must be rather good at it. I could ask her at some point to help me understand technology better.

I sip my coffee and open my book to the current page I'm reading. Scarlet is still busy working, I got her a tea a little while ago. I decide to see if she wants another one "Scarlet?" "Ya?" "Tea?" "That sounds lovely, thank you, Steve." I turn my book upside down on the table as to not lose my page and get up to make myself a coffee and her a tea. I hand her one and sit back down, I pick up my book and keep reading. I'm distracted from my book when the door clicks open behind me, Nat, Barton and Dr Banner march in and head straight for the food in the cabinets. I look up at the clock and notice it's already 12:07, I stand to get myself some food, before I can ask Scarlet if she wants anything, Dr Banner calls over to her "Scarlet! What are you having for lunch?" She doesn't look up from her work "I'll get it in a minute."

TONY POV:
6th June 2012: Helicarrier: Break Room:
Dr Banner leaves the lab before me, I finish what I'm doing and head to the break room, when I get there I notice Capsicle and Dr Banner sitting together, opposite a busy little angel. At the other end of the table Natasha and Legolas are talking in hushed voices, I notice them look over at Scarlet, before returning to their conversation.

Are they talking about my little angel? How dare they! I wonder what they're talking about.

I pour myself some coffee and grab my lunch, I sit between Scarlet and Natasha. I try listening to her and Legolas' conversation.

Damn it! Why are assassins so good at whispering?

I lean over to Scarlet and whisper to her "Hey, angel, whatcha doing?" She turns her face towards me and looks a little stunned, since I whispered to her she decides it's appropriate to whisper back "I'm doing my job." I look at the screen, she's currently writing an email.

Makes sense, I completely forgot about her work duties when I brought her here, she must be trying to catch up, poor kid, I mean angel. I need to get used to that.

"Good work." I whisper to her, she gives me a little smile "Thank you, Sir." "What have I told you about calling me Sir?" She gives me a mischievous little smile.

I'm rubbing off on her. Oh well.

I put a bit of distance between us as I bite into my sandwich, I look across the table to see Capsicle eyeing me curiously, I shrug in response and take another bite. While eating I try listening to the conversation on my right once again, I pick up a few little words like 'she' 'training' and 'shy'.

Definitely talking about Scarlet.

"Ask her."

Okay I definitely heard that, Legolas. Ask her what, hmm?

Scarlet closes the laptop lid and wanders over to the cabinets, out of the corner of my eye, I notice Legolas nudge Natasha in the ribs.

Ooh! Whatever's going to happen, it's going to happen now!

Scarlet grabs her salad and heads back towards the table. Natasha, still sitting, reaches out her arm and pulls Scarlet down to her level, I strain my ears to hear what she says "Can I talk to you later?" "Sure." She lets go, Scarlet sits back down next to me and starts eating her lunch.

Interesting, I'll have to follow them later and see what happens.