28. 5th-6th June 2012.

SCARLET POV:
New York 5th June 2012: Scarlet's family home:
An Agent drives me home, I walk up to my front door and knock.

I'm going to have to tell my parents all about what I've gotten myself into, they need to know. They'll notice my injuries and ask questions, that much I'm sure of.

The door swings open and my mother gasps as she looks at my slightly battered body "My dear..." She moves out of the way so I can walk in, she locks the door and checks the peep-hole.

She clearly thinks I was attacked.

We walk into the lounge, where my dad's eyes grow wide "What happened to you!?" "I can explain." "Then please, sit." I take a seat and Bongo jumps onto my lap, I wince slightly as one of his bag legs kicks into my side where I have a bruise forming "Did you get attacked on the way home from work?" "No, I wasn't attacked on my way home, I got these injuries from a fight." "You fought back? Atta girl!" "Dad... This is serious. It wasn't a street fight or anything like that, I kind of have a different job now, not officially, I'm visiting and training." "You're not working for Mr Stark anymore?" "I am, he works there too. You know who he is, right? Other than a billionaire and the face of Stark Industries?" "Oh... He's that Iron Man, isn't he? I remember now." "Yeah, he works for an organisation who help protect the planet, you remember the battle of New York?" They nod their heads "He fought alongside a group, known as the Avengers. I've been with them." A smile appears on my dad's face, my mother still looks shocked "How are you helping, using their computers, tracking down criminals?" "No... They've been... testing me, seeing what I'm capable of, ability wise and physically. Today was the first time I've been useful. Someone hacked into their system and they couldn't figure out who it was, because he was... invisible." I notice my dad's face is now as shocked as my mother's, I continue explaining "I saw him, told them and we managed to spot him on a camera with heat signatures, we followed him to a room that didn't have a camera in. They didn't realise there were five other invisible people hiding in that room, I was the only one who could see them, so I helped the Avengers, so they could fight them. I ended up having to fight one of the men as well, I wasn't too bad, I've been training with one of the team, to increase my fighting skills." I give them a moment to let the information sink in.

I think it's best to leave my ability till last.

"So you're telling me, you've been trained in fighting by an Avenger, you helped them locate a group of invisible people, who you then helped fight against?" I nod my head "My dear, this is amazing, I am so proud of you." My mother leans over and hugs me, my dad still wracking his head around the new information.

"How could you see them, when the others couldn't?" I give them both a smile "I can turn invisible." "Did they do this to you?" "No... you did..." "When? You haven't been around my experiments since you... Oh!" "Yeah... the experiment that blew up and chemicals spilt on me, I think it was then. But it didn't affect me until recently, it needed a trigger. The trigger is fear and shyness, it's not like I've been around many people since the incident, when I started working for Tony I was keeping myself calm, but..." "But? What triggered it? Did he do something to you!?" "No, it wasn't him, it was his girlfriend, she didn't mean to make it happen. It was my first time meeting her, she was so excited, she wouldn't stop talking, it was making me so nervous and shy. I didn't even know what was happening to me, I just started feeling cold, when she looked up at me she thought I'd walked away, Tony came in and they were talking as if I wasn't there. We watched the security footage and saw me disappear, I turn invisible when I'm really shy or if I'm scared, like with jump scares, but I can also turn invisible whenever I want now." They took a few minutes to fully comprehend it all.

I'm glad they're taking it so well.

Once they're happy with my explanation I help them with dinner and we continue the day like nothing strange had happened.

6th June 2012: Helicarrier: Lab:
The next morning I made my way back to S.H.I.E.L.D in a good mood since telling my parents everything last night, I had finally got it all off my chest. I walk through the doors into the lab to see Bruce and Tony working, I walk over to them "Good morning." "Oh hey, kid."

Okay, I have finally had enough, that was the last time I want him to call me kid.

"Tony, I love your nicknames, some are really funny, but can you please stop calling me kid?" "You're the youngest here." He walks over and ruffles my hair "But I'm not a child and you know it!" I comb my fingers through my hair to flatten it, Bruce breaks up our little disagreement "Stark, stop calling her a kid. Scarlet, how old are you?" "I'm 22... wait, what's the date?" I run over to the wall with a calendar on it "Yeah, 22." "Why did you have to check, have you just had a birthday?" "Not yet." "When's your birthday?" Tony beats me to it "Tomorrow! Didn't think I'd forget, did you, angel?"

Angel? I'll take angel over kid any day.

I let out a little laugh "Does anyone know what I'm meant to be doing today?" "Nope. Banner and I will be busy all day."

I could catch up on my work.

"Can I borrow a laptop?" "Sure." He hands me a laptop and I head to the break room to setup, since being at S.H.I.E.L.D I haven't been keeping up with my Stark Industries duties so I look through my emails and do the jobs on my list.