45. Stark Tower & Helicarrier.

BRUCE POV:
New York 10th June 2012: Stark Tower:
I agreed to head back to Stark Tower today, to help with some formulas, I didn't feel like staying the night. I arrive at the tower at 11:30am, I make my way up to the living room there I see a sight I never thought I'd witness, Thor, Rogers and Nat fast asleep. Scarlet carefully moves her legs off the back of the couch and makes her way over to me.

She must have just woken up.

We walk to the kitchen where I hear faint voices, we walk in and I close the door behind us "Morning." I greet Stark and Pepper. They wave unenthusiastically, which makes me want to laugh "Oh, angel, you're up." "Just about." She wanders over to Tony who holds out some painkillers, he shares. Stark and I head to the lab to get to work "Everyone got drunk last night?" "Yep, I woke up to find them like this." He passes me his phone showing two photographs, one of the girls and one of the guys, I can't hold back the laughter this time.

We work until about 1pm, when we decide to get some lunch, we head to the kitchen, to find everyone who stayed the night, sitting around eating, all groggy and hungover. Even Thor speaks in an un-naturally quiet voice, the person who seems the most alert is Scarlet.

It seems Scarlet didn't get as drunk as the others, perhaps she just fell asleep because she was tired.

After lunch an Agent collected Scarlet, Nat, Thor and took them back to the helicarrier for the remainder of the day. I walked Rogers to his apartment, he didn't want me to, but I insisted, he may be a super soldier, but a hungover, or even possibly still slightly drunk man, can't always take care of himself. After making sure he got home safe I headed back to the tower.

SCARLET POV:
10th June 2012: Helicarrier:
When I arrived at the helicarrier I took a shower, brushed my teeth and changed my outfit. The day went by rather fast, I stayed in my room on the helicarrier for most of the afternoon, occasionally walking outside for some fresh air. When it came to dinner time my headache was gone, my mood lifted, the memories from the evening before, filling my mind.

She kissed me, she actually kissed me! I know how she feels now, this is great!

I put on my calm anklet, to calm me down from the hangover and the excitement, I then make my way to the break room. I stop outside the break room door, I lay my hand on the handle.

Actually, I think I'll go to the mess hall again, yeah, that's what I'll do!

I let go of the handle and walk to the mess hall, my head held high, a smile on my face. I walk into the busy room, I take a plate of spaghetti bolognese and some orange juice, I glance round the room.

Maybe Jimmy, Alfie and Oscar are here. Why is it so difficult to find people in here?

After searching for a moment I spot Oscar enter the room, he notices me and makes his way over "Hey, you joining us for dinner?" "If you don't mind." "Course not, let me just grab some grub." After grabbing some food he leads the way to a table in the far corner of the room, I recognise Jimmy and Oscar. Also sitting with them is a young lady, she introduces herself "Alice Conway." She holds out a hand, which I shake "Scarlet Olsen." "I've heard about you, aren't you really close to the Avengers?" "Yeah... They're my friends." "That's cool. Sit!" She pulls me down onto the seat next to her, I look at the guys' smirking faces.

Wow, she's pushy, but they seem used to it.

"Tell me." "What?" "Tell me about the Avengers, I want to know EVERYTHING." "Uh..."

Okay, she is making me super uncomfortable, I don't want to discuss them with her, she seems... kinda crazy. If she wants to know them, she should find out for herself.

"Well!?" I feel my body cooling down a little.

She's so impatient. Keep control Scarlet, don't turn invisible, don't do it, not here, not now!

"Scarlet." I hear a voice and turn around to see who it is, Natasha is standing there with her hands on her hips, she steps closer "You okay?" "Uh..." "I'll take that as a no. Stop bugging her, Conway. Sorry boys, you can talk some other time." She sends the girl a glare, she picks up my dinner and takes my arm, she walks me away from the table and out of the room. We stop outside the break room, she gives me a smile, I return it "Thank you, I wasn't sure how to get out of that." "Anytime. She's a bit of a handful, why were you talking to her anyway?" "I'm friends with Jimmy, Alfie and Oscar, I was going to sit with them, she just introduced herself and started-" "Harassing you? Yeah she does that. So how long you been friends with those guys? I didn't think you knew anyone else." "I met Jimmy after the HYDRA attack, he invited me to join them for breakfast." "Okay, just try and avoid Conway." "Will do."

I'm so glad she found me, I wanted to eat with the guys but we can do that another time.