24. Helicarrier.

BRUCE POV:
5th June 2012: Helicarrier:
Once Fury had explained the situation to the others, he spoke to Stark, Scarlet and I, calmly. He told us about someone hacking into the system and gathering information on the Avengers, our argument was "Why would Scarlet need to do that? She can just talk to us." The whole time I held her hand, for both our sakes, calming her and myself, I didn't want to let the other guy out and scare her further. Someone called for Fury, just as he was about to leave the room he said one last thing "If you can find out who did it, then she'll be in the clear, but until then I don't want Scarlet wandering around on her own." "This is ridiculous, we know you well enough to know you wouldn't do this Scarlet, don't worry." "Who could have done it? He said they couldn't see anyone, were they not at that computer?" "Well, that's what we need to figure out. Keep an eye out for anything or anyone acting suspicious."

We need to do this for Scarlet, we can't let them punish her for something she didn't do.

The three of us leave the room and head to the lab. We walk into the lab and sit down on stools "So what do you want to do, kid?" She shrugs, I suggest "How about a walk around the helicarrier?" I see Scarlet nod and Stark's face light up with an idea.

Uh oh.

"How about an invisible walk?" "That's just more of a reason for Fury to suspect her." "We can all hold hands if it makes you happy, we still need to test the limits of the invisibility, don't we? So why not try living out the day invisible, see what sort of obstacles it puts in her day to day life?" "It's a good idea." Scarlet seems pleased with the idea, so reluctantly, I nod my head. I pick up a notepad and pen, write down the current time and she turns invisible.

I wonder if she appears on a camera or not?

"I have an idea, let's see if you show up on a camera or not, we can test with and without flash." Stark nods his head and pulls his phone out of his pocket "Come here, both of you." He pulls me over, he puts his arm around me and gestures for Scarlet to position herself on his other side, he puts his arm around her, I assume he felt her lean against him. He takes two photographs, then we look at them, she doesn't appear in either of them.

Interesting...

"Okay, walkies!" He grabs what I believe to be Scarlet's hand and I feel a cold hand grab mine also, with Scarlet in the middle we walk out of the lab, having to walk single file to get through the door.

SCARLET POV:
5th June 2012: Helicarrier:
Hand in hand the three of us swerve our way through the corridors, we make our way firstly towards the gym, the door opens. Steve is beating up a punch bag and Natasha is throwing knives at a target, with anger clear on her face "Why don't you see if you can fight while invisible?" Tony breaks the silence and Natasha looks over "What are you talking about?" "Scarlet's right here, invisible, we're testing to see how invisibly works with everything." "Do you think that's smart right now?" Steve stops working out as he points out an obvious flaw in our plan "We were told to not leave her alone, we're not." Bruce lets go of my hand as Tony leads me over to Natasha, she looks around for me, I gently reach my hands out and place them on her shoulders "Hello." Her face is shocked for just a moment, Tony hands us both a sparring stick, I release Natasha and take a step back. Clint walks in "Who are you going to fight, Tasha?" "Scarlet." Before he can ask where I am, she tries to hit me with the stick and she almost does, I manage to block it just in time. As we fight, I keep my mind focused on staying invisible, while also trying to predict her movements.

I have the upper hand being invisible but she is such an incredible fighter. How is she so good?

The fight goes on for about 5 minutes before I manage to hit her backwards, she hits the floor with a thump "Yes!" Tony looks as excited on a child on their birthday.

I didn't mean to do that, I hope I didn't hurt her.

"Give me your hand?" I ask as I approach her on the floor, she lifts her hand up and I take it, pulling her up "Sorry." I whisper in her ear while we are stood so close, still holding onto each other "Don't worry about it, you did good." I give her a smile, even though I know she can't see it, I release her hand and place the stick against the wall. I walk over to Tony and place a hand on his shoulder, so he knows where I am "Impressive, what intrigues me is that when you held the stick it was still visible until about a minute or two after the fight began, then it went invisible along with you." "Really?" "Yeah, it seems it takes a certain amount of time for the object to disappear along with you." Bruce joins in "When you were drawing while invisible, I remember the pen and notepad still visible." Tony shrugs and suggests "Maybe it only works for weapons." "Maybe... Anyway, let's keep moving." I grabbed both of their hands and we leave the gym.