31. Helicarrier.

SCARLET POV:
6th June 2012: Helicarrier:
After sitting there and getting to know each other for a few hours, Natasha was called away for a mission, so the two of us make our way out of the vents. We walk together to the quinjet "Have fun!" She waves to me "Always do!" As she walks into the vehicle, I notice Tony watching our interaction, he sends me a wink as he closes the hatch, the quinjet rises into the air and flies away. I walk back inside, I walk to the lab and realise Bruce is still here "Hey, what're you doing here? Shouldn't you be off with the Avengers?" "No, I don't go out unless they're desperate."

I guess it makes sense, he did cause a lot of destruction in the battle of New York.

"So, what have you been up to today?" His question catches me off guard "Work." "Work?" "Yeah I was doing my work for Tony, on the laptop I borrowed." "Well, what did you get up to after that? You dropped off the laptop, remember?"

Do I tell him Natasha and I were getting to know each other in an air vent? It sounds kind of odd, but I have no reason to lie about it.

"Getting to know Natasha." "Really?" He has a weird smirk on his face.

Hang on a minute, he already knew didn't he? Tony must have told him.

"But you already knew that..." He nods his head "Yep, Tony was following you, but you knew that." "Yep." "Tell me, what do you think?" "Of...?" "Nat, Remember when you first disappeared in front of them all, she was watching you." "Right, yeah, yeah..." I feel my cheeks grow hot, Bruce bursts into laughter.

She was just being careful. But I think I might like her, is that weird? No of course it's not weird... She's so mysterious, mischievous and absolutely gorgeous...

"Scarlet, take a deep breath and speak in full sentences." "Right, sorry." He continues laughing, I feel my cheeks grow even hotter, I look down at my feet.

I need to find out if she likes me, just because she was watching me when I turned invisible doesn't mean she likes me, it just means she's curious and cautious. Just because we just spent the last few hours talking to each other about ourselves, doesn't mean anything, does it?

"Earth to Scarlet!" I blink out of my thoughts when I see Bruce down on his knees in front of me waving his hand in front of my eyes while trying not to laugh. This time instead of blushing from thinking about Natasha, I turn invisible from embarrassment "You alright? You just went quiet for a few moments." "Yeah, I'm good." "Okay, I need to get back to doing my work, but you're welcome to stay in here, if you'd like." "Actually, I think I'll go for a walk." "Sure, I'll see you at dinner." "Okay." I walk out of the lab, still invisible. I walk around the helicarrier, going nowhere in particular, just thinking, trying to decipher my true feelings towards Natasha and trying to figure out if she feels the same way.

I haven't known for long, but why do people have to be so difficult to read? Maybe that's because she's an assassin, why doesn't that bother me?