MY FUNNY VALENTINE

Everything was real. Vampires and witches and werewolves and Cami thought that there might be more out there, more supernatural things to discover.

Odette did wonder why she couldn't find any fear in herself, she had been scared back in Rousseau's, yes, but not of Klaus and not of the man she now knew called himself Papa Tunde.

She was scared for Marcel's life, not her own. And there was a curiosity flaming up inside of her, a curiosity that told her there were things left for her to figure out. A curiosity that asked the question, why did her grandmother leave behind an unopened bottle of vervain perfume?

There already were countless secrets in the Williamson family, secrets that Odette had fled from, secrets that she kept with an iron hand.

Days had gone by since she had seen Klaus last, though he sent up one of his fledglings to play the song he chose. "With love from Klaus." They'd say, as they dropped the needle onto the record with a hand way too harsh, as they didn't let the songs play out but took the record out when they were done with it.

Odette always gave them a song in return. If he was in there somewhere, and he truly was what Cami told her he was, he'd be able to hear the music she chose. All alone in that gigantic house, fighting being the only thing left to do.

Odette had dropped herself into her studies, history didn't stop being created just because she was worried about a random man on a balcony.

For two days she didn't leave her home, except to go to classes. She'd sit on her couch, listening to music that was turned up just a little bit too loud, she hoped that Klaus would be able to hear them.

Sticking nicotine patches to her skin, one less every day, an addiction that was still salvageable. And she made at least a hundred half-drunk cups of tea. Vervain infused of course, it was the only thing she knew would protect her from the evil lurking outside of her walls.

It was this lack of contact that made walking into Elijah Mikaelson an even bigger surprise. Walking into was also not very fair, since he was standing right in front of her blue door as she opened it to leave.

"Elijah." She said as she walked past him, holding her head down. He followed behind her, slowly walking through Bourbon Street.

"Odette," he responded, Odette pursed her lips at this.

"I need your help." The girl stopped dead in her tracks. She didn't know this family, she had met Elijah once- and it wasn't very pleasant- and she only spoke to Klaus while he was melancholically standing on a balcony.

"What for?" she asked and leaned against a door adjacent wall.

"Niklaus... had a bit of an accident. He'll need your blood to heal him." Niklaus. She had never heard his full name before and she decided that she liked it. It portrayed it better, Klaus was angry and murderous, Niklaus was but a child.

"Why mine? Couldn't you just grab any old human off the street?"

Elijah rolled his eyes, "I'll explain when we get there." Lifted her off her feet and rushed her to Klaus's bedside in a mere 20 seconds.

When he set her back down, she felt ill.

"Jesus Christ, Elijah."  She tried to find her footing again and in the process grabbed onto his arm for balance.

"Was that actually necess-" she interrupted herself, because on the bed was Klaus, with that white blade embedded in his chest.

"Why is that inside of him?"