SOME OF THESE DAYS

"Stay." He asked. He laid atop of his blanket, a book in his hand as Odette sat at his desk, working out an assignment from her phone. It had grown dark and gloomy outside, she hadn't had time to go home yet.

She turned around curiously, like she wondered if he was talking to her.

"Stay?" she asked, he raised his eyes from the book in front of him and looked at her, his eyes intense.

"Stay here, with me." A blush crept up to her cheeks, she messed with her hair.

"Are you sure?" he put the book down on the pillow beside him and sat upright. Odette liked how silent the house was even when there were quite a lot of people in it.

"I'm sure." He got up from the bed and approached her slowly, then he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"If it were up to me, you would always be here, next to me." She laughed and waited for him to continue.

"Let's go to bed, yeah?" she nodded and awkwardly looked around the room. There was no place to hide and there were no pajamas to wear. She felt naked and bare.

He noticed her uncomfortabilty, "I'll turn around if you want me to."

She looked at the floor and shook her head, she was determined to do this. She was determined to show herself to him, with all of her flaws.

"Please don't get scared?" it was a question mixed in with a plea. He needed to be stone faced, or she didn't know what she'd do. She was wearing a dress, so all she had to do was pull it up to be left in her underwear that didn't even slightly match. She looked down at her belly, at the thick scars that ran across it. At the scars on her upper legs, at the scar passing through the middle of her belly button.

"You have your childhood scars. These are mine." When she started to look up she did so slowly, gaining an inch every 5 seconds until she ended on his face. His mouth was slightly agape, she immediately wanted to put the dress back on as she saw this, she reached back to the floor. Before she could pick up the pink fabric he had rushed towards her and pushed her back up.

"Nik, please, don't. Don't say it, just, just let me leave." He smiled a bit and removed a hair from her face.

"You think I am shocked at your appearance?" she looked down.

"I am, but not because of the reasons you have made up." He surrounded her jaw fully with a single hand and forced her to look up at him.

"You are the single most beautiful person I have ever seen, Odette Williamson."

A tear slipped past her eye, she smiled. He smiled back and placed his lips onto hers, saltiness mixed in with the sweetness of young love. Odette caught herself saying it, love. A word so big that seemed so small when she was talking about him

He kissed her fully, his tongue in her mouth. Wet and sloppy and with no care in the world, he kissed like it was his last. He was so close to her, she could feel his against her breast and when he held onto her waist she happily jumped up to surround him like he asked her to. He carried her to the bed, where he placed her on the edge.

Then she felt the panic. This all encompassing feeling that had overtaken her life, created by one evil man. He kissed her neck and then released as he felt her entire body had been paralyzed.

"Odette?" he asked and shook her shoulders. There were tears streaming down her face, she didn't blink. Then she was back, within a second. She pushed him off her.

"Get off of me!" she screamed as she pushed him, her nails digging into his skin. It wouldn't hurt him, but Odette didn't know who he was for a second. Could only see that other man, the one whose name she wouldn't speak. He was there he was trying to harm her.