CHELSEA BRIDGE

"So, brother-- ready to embrace your new life of freedom?" Klaus approached Finn with the key to his chains enticingly hanging from his hand. The heels of his shoes clicked over the stone floors. Odette still sat on the dining table, her feet dangling from it.

"I'm already free, brother." He smirked in return. Odette did believe that Finn believed this, and she understood why Klaus didn't.

"You're aware our mother cares nothing for you?" Finn smiled in response to Klaus's question. A satisfied smile.

"Niklaus, I assure you, my mother loves me. She loves all of her children. You would not exist without her sacrifice." Klaus already wanted to head for the door again, torture his eldest brother just a little bit more until he would just give in. But Finn wasn't going to let him this time. And Odette wasn't either, he wasn't allowed to just leave her here. That wasn't how they were going to work.

"Do you even know the truth? That she was barren? And she grew so desperate for a family that she begged one of the most powerful witches in history for help-- her sister, Dahlia. Of course, Dahlia's price was high. She agreed to make our mother fertile, but in exchange, she sought the first-born as sacrifice. Having no other choice, our mother gave away our beloved Freya." Confusion took over Niklaus's face. His lips puckered and his brows lowered until they had reached his eyelids.

"Our sister died of plague." He looked sad, almost. Odette got confused herself when Niklaus looked sad. She was never completely sure what to do, when the men in her life showed their weakness, their vulnerability.

"Esther gave her away. Think about that. The pain, the grief." The passion.

"If what you say is true, then death is far too delicate a fate for her."

"She loves us more than you realize."

"And is love the reason she wanted my child dead?" Nik yelled, stretching his lips far around his sharp teeth. His eyes flickering to a shade of golden-yellow, before quickly turning back again. Odette could easily imagine his fangs popping through his lips, his claws emerging from his skin.

"She was trying to protect you from Dahlia's curse!" Finn screamed back in return, trying to overpower Niklaus's voice. He was the older brother, after all.

"WHAT CURSE?"

"Dahlia demanded the first-born of every generation. Had your child lived, she would have paid the price! And, if anyone had tried to protect her, Dahlia would come and destroy us all. Ask her, she knows." Finn pointed his hazel green eyes at Odette with an accusatory look. Odette set her feet back onto the floor and stood there, her back as straight as she could get it, her shoulders square and her chin high up in the air. She wouldn't allow herself to be intimidated by yet another Mikaelson. She was done with those boys and their lies, their pretty eyes that told horrors.

"Is that true?" Klaus walked her way, his eyes looking into hers intensely. He didn't look away, and neither did she. Maybe it was some type of technique to Nik, if she looked away it would mean that she was lying.

But she wasn't. She had never heard of this curse before, had never even knows that Esther had a sister. And Freya, she had just been a quick chapter in the story of the Mikaelson family. A tragic death that her elders celebrated, as it meant that there was one less Mikaelson child in this world.

"No." Odette responded. Klaus turned his head as he looked into her eyes, seemingly digging for something deep inside of her. He would never reach it, they both knew this, but he tried nonetheless.

"How do I know it isn't?" Klaus asked again, challenging her.

"Why would you presume he is telling you the truth?" She nodded her head in the direction of the man hanging from his wrists.