HOW DEEP IS THE OCEAN

(how high is the sky)

It was Elijah who somehow lured her back into the compound. Well, it wasn't exactly Elijah. It was a note that he had stuffed through her letterbox. Written in beautiful cursive, tiny stains of ink where they had missed their mark. It was the calligraphed words that had forced her to return there, return to where Klaus had hurt her.

Odette Williamson

Féte des Bénédictions

Jackson square

Please come,

Elijah.

This was why Odette had chosen to wear the most formal, floatiest white dress she owned. This was why she had looked up 'Féte des Bénédictions' and read up on what it meant. This was why she had chosen a gift, a gift for a witch. A gift for a blessing. There was no edible vervain left in her house, all she could do was use a larger than normal amount the perfume, which was also slowly but surely running out.

Maybe, the fact that Klaus would be there did have some effect on her, but if it did, she wasn't planning on admitting to it any time soon.

"Miss Williamson," Elijah appeared in front of her nose as soon as she stepped into the building, she could feel his cold breath on her face.

"Mister Mikaelson," she greeted him and reverenced. She didn't mean to, but the Mikaelsons, they had something royal about them that she wished to honor.

He took her hand into his an laid a kiss on it, a giggle came crawling from her throat.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you 'Lijah."

"Let me introduce you to Hayley." Odette curled the arm she was holding the gift with through his and let him guide her through the party, looking for Klaus in every corner.

"Hayley, this is Odette." Elijah stopped in front of an intimidating looking, gorgeous woman. She had brown hair that flowed just over her shoulders, hazel green eyes that stared her down. Cheekbones that were perfectly carved into her face. And she was very, very pregnant.

"Hi," Odette extended her hand to Hayley, who hesitated to take it. Odette noticed how she looked at the arm she had curled around Elijah, and took it out. Now Hayley did take her hand and shook it firmly.

"Hayley." Odette smiled at her sweetly, showing the dimples in her cheeks.

"Welcome. As is our time-honored tradition, you are all welcome to deliver your offerings. It is our custom that no one should be turned away, no blessing be denied." Odette heard the familiar voice from atop the stairs and turned to look at her, disgust and fear filled her mind.

"You didn't tell me she'd be here, Elijah."

Elijah nodded, "all the better. You need to show her you aren't afraid."

He knew of her fears. How did he even know, had he been in the compound still while Genevieve had kissed her, or was it Klaus who had told him of this.

It didn't matter, Odette nodded. She looked over the three young girls sitting on their thrones. The three young witches, it was still hard for Odette to comprehend.

She approached the brown haired girl, the one with the large puppy-dog eyes, the only one without any gifts in front of her. A woman stopped her on her way.

"You should give that to one of the others." Odette looked back at the girl in the middle and at the blonde woman who had stopped her.

"I think I'll decide that for myself, thank you." She frowned and walked to the young witch. She looked surprised at her arrival.