BLACK AND BLUE

She hadn't expected all the pressure the midterms would put on her. It had been made obvious to Klaus, that Odette would always choose her education over supernatural misadventures. She had lived an entire year without using any magic before, but she was scared that now that she had touched it again, she wouldn't be able to let go.

And the pressure of the midterms was nothing compared to the feeling that her friends and she were all in imminent, life-threatening danger. It was hard to put that aside to learn about the French revolution, especially knowing that Klaus was probably there to witness it.

She could write him into every piece of history without any trouble, every word forced her to think of his crooked smirk and the way his eyes danced when he looked at you. When he looked at her.

And it made her feel all funny inside, thinking of his eyes on her body, of the way he had held her jaw when he kissed her. So gentle, so strong.

She felt her entire body heating up and threw her book closed, pushing herself away from the tiny desk. She needed some air, yes that was what she needed. Some humid, hot and heavy New Orleans air, to weigh on her lungs and heart.

So she stepped outside, out of the dusty and stale surroundings of her house. Into the bustle and hustle of Bourbon Street, where it was never silent and there was always something going on. The sun on her skin immediately soothed her worries. There wasn't much sun back home, and this had certainly played a part in the decision of where she wished to move.

Klaus's balcony smiled at her from this angle, so inviting and filled with so many memories. She smiled back, with teeth and all as she didn't often do. And she looked at it for a long while, thought of what it meant to her and how it made her feel. What in the hell he actually meant to her.

Maybe she was psychic after all, as a second later Niklaus Mikaelson stood in front of her. She gasped as he appeared out of nowhere.

"You know I don't like it when you guys do that."

"I had no choice, seemed someone was staring very intently at my balcony. I was scared for my life."

She rolled her eyes, "What do you want?" he did that smirk. That exact crooked smirk that she had held in her minds eye just a moment ago, her heart melted a little.

"I'm going to kill my father." There, it had frozen again.

"Okay..." she frowned, "and what do you want from me?"

He shrugged, as if he didn't know. Odette wondered why she had even asked, he would never tell her what he wanted and she already knew.

"You secretly want me to tell you you shouldn't, talk some sense into you and convince you of the power of family?"

He opened his mouth, but Odette didn't allow his words to slip out before she finished her own.

"I'm not going to, Nik. You want to kill your father? Go ahead! Kill him. I know what it feels like to wish your parents dead, you have done it before, why not again?"

His eyes grew, he didn't know what to do with this side of the girl he... he didn't know.

"I'll ask again. What do you want from me, Nik?"

Klaus looked around, at the street he had created, at the woman in front of him who he would love through the centuries. At the realization that she wouldn't live that long.

"I don't know what I want, Odette. I thought that had become obvious."

"If you are looking for therapy, you are also looking for Cami, not me. I can't have your trauma mixed in with mine, I have enough to support an entire village."