MILESTONES

"Here." Odette handed Cami a tall glass of water, it swished around as her fingers shook. Cami chugged it down immediately, making loud noises.

Behind her Davina and Kol examined the puncture wounds on her back, angry and red, collecting right on her spine. Marcel by her side, his eyes lovingly fixed on her face. He had always had a thing for the young barmaid.

"That's Mom's work, all right. She must have wiped your memory." Kol said as he gently dragged his fingers over the small circles. Cami winced ever so slightly at the touch.

"Not the first time that's been done by a member of this family." Cami snidely remarked as she stared at Klaus's incapacitated body.

"What does it mean?"
Kol sighed, "It's a byproduct of a.." he hesitated before finishing "..preparation spell."

"Preparation for what?" Davina frowned, her brows so large on her small face.

"To make her a vessel."

Marcel and Davina looked on in terror, confusion stirred Camille. Odette looked into the distance. If it hadn't for her, if it hadn't been for her love for Niklaus, she could have been the vessel. She could have protected Cami from this all, her friend, one of her only ones.

"Esther was preparing your body, for someone to jump into it." Odette clarified, her fingers digging into the velvet of the couch. Her shoulder hurt, her fight with Davina hadn't added any years to her lifespan.

"Like herself. I mean, knowing my mother."

"Where's Vincent?" Cami asked, before storming off into the direction of the ballroom.

Odette stayed put, Finn had no power over her. His magic couldn't leave his body, it was stuck there. She stared at Klaus, on the floor, so lonely and so powerless. She could revive him, but she knew it wasn't time yet. They needed to talk without his threats, without his infinite power grabs that never lead anywhere.

So she let him be, let her eyes trail over his face and over the cracks between the tiles. Back to the couch and the people sitting on it.

"You okay, Odette?" Marcel asked, Odette nodded slowly in return. She felt faint and weak from her little battle with Davina, she needed to get stronger. She knew how to, but she afraid to start it. The break of bones and the gaining of bruises and the losing of blood. Odette thought this was something she had left far behind when she left her home.

"Davina?"

The young witch nodded, immediately understanding what Odette wished for her to do. All witches knew of the Cunningham's, knew what they had given up for their powers.

"Curare." She whispered as she surrounded Odette's wrist with her hand. Normally, Odette was sure, the ancestors would have never allowed any ancestral witch to heal her. But Davina had the powers of the harvest behind her. The ancestors had no choice but to bend to her will.

Odette felt Davina's silver magic flow through her, healing her bit by bit. It was slower than a vampire's blood, but it felt more familiar. More comfortable, less invasive. That red blood, it felt like it was biting at her insides when it entered her.

"Thank you."

Davina felt as if it was the least she could after how she had disrespected the witch. She was from a different coven, yes, a controversial coven, yes. But Davina should have known she couldn't beat her, shouldn't have even tried to do so.

It showed how young she was, Davina, that she never knew when she was beat.

But Odette felt love for her anyway. She let her touch her magic, the most intimate part of her. They were both alone, without family, without a coven. They had to support each other.