MEMORIES OF YOU

Odette's head smacked into the car window as they raced through abandoned roads filled with potholes and bumps. She had been trying to get some sleeps after all the ruckus of last night. The radio was off, but Odette had one ear of her headphones in and listened to some songs. Klaus was talking to Cami, explaining to her all that had happened yesterday. Cami didn't know where they were going, but Odette did. And yes, she was excited, but she was also so tired that she found it hard to keep it together. She closed her eyes, Klaus's voice in one ear and jazz music in the other. As it always should be.

"It has been said that all love begins and ends with she who gave us life. A thousand years ago, my mother turned us into monsters. Yet, still, she claimed to love her children, even as she vowed to destroy us. The noble Elijah, tormented by long-buried, shameful secrets. Kol, the wily troublemaker, out for no one but himself. Finn, the devoted acolyte, his love all too easily walked by our mother's sick hate. Fierce Rebekah, willing to risk everything on the chance that she may one day find happiness. And me, the bastard child. My mother's greatest shame. Now, finally, we have defeated her, giving her the choice she never thought to give us-- to live on as one of the monster's she created..."

The car suddenly jolted to a halt. Odette opened her eyes and was treated to a sight that almost forced her to cry. They had been driving for hours, Klaus not needing much sleep, but Odette woke up every few minutes. The nightmares were still there.

But this felt like a dream, this beautiful little plantation house surrounded by green. Flowers in the front yard and a large tree hanging over its entirety.

This felt like home, more than the compound ever had.

"Or, suffer the slow, agonizing death she so deserves." Odette had almost forgotten that Niklaus was talking of his revenge plans, but as always she was soon reminded of the fact.

Odette rolled her eyes involuntarily, Nik and his dramatics. He was like a teenage girl sometimes.

Cami felt much the same, she might be his best friend in the world- which didn't necessarily say very much- but she didn't feel like joining in on his dramatic monologue either.

"Um, congratulations, I guess? But, right now, I'm a little more worried about Finn... considering I totally stabbed him in the back."

Odette opened her car door and stepped out, desperately needing to stretch her legs before they would literally snap off. The girl was ready to collapse.

When her legs gave out Niklaus seemed to catch her within a second, holding onto her waist.

"There you go, you're alright."

"Sorry." Odette straightened her back out again and stood upright.

"Little swan, you're absolutely riddled with them now."

Niklaus had set his finger straight into the bruising on her back. The spell to keep Esther from jumping hadn't been good to her and had bruised her up and down. They got into the car only half an hour after the fact, and the car seats hadn't done her back any good either.

"I'm alright, I promise."

"Let's go then." He looked at Camille as he held Odette up by her waist, pressing her tightly against his own body.

"Camille, I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family. The little troublemaker all the fuss has been about."

Odette just stared at the door as it opened. She didn't think that this day would ever come, that she would ever see the little Mikaelson girl again. And all she could do now was stand there, even after Niklaus had let go of her, and stare at the child in question.