12. Peaky Blinders: Fun

Being a Shelby was difficult for you, it meant that boys were easily intimidated by your name and your brothers so you hardly went on dates but being the youngest Shelby was even worse, it meant they all babied you, even when you turned 17

You crept down the stairs, flinching when you heard Arthur question loudly, "And where are you going to?" You sighed and turned to face him. "Out." Was all you said, praying he wouldn't ask any more.

"Not like that you're not," John said looking at your skirt. "What's wrong with me?" You asked him, following his eyes. "You'll attract boys looking like that." Thomas said emerging from the living room.

"That's kind of the point," you teased but none of your brothers even cracked a smile. "You'll attract the wrong kind of boys," Fin said adding in his 2p.

"Listen, I won't go near any boys," you said walking to the front door but John stood in your way. "Oh will you leave the poor girl alone," Ada said rolling her eyes. "No chance," John replied.

"I'm just going out with a few of the girls," you pleaded him to move. "To do what?" Arthur asked as he crossed his arms. "To dance Arthur, you know fun stuff." You teased him.

"And Polly has said yes?" Fin asked. "Just because you have to ask Polly to go out and play doesn't mean I have to!" Fin frowned at you. "It's not safe for a young girl like you to be out in this city," Thomas lectured.

"Oh please!" You begged. "Girls just wanna have fun!" Arthur smirked at leaned against the wall, he was always the first to crack when it came to you.

"No drinking," Thomas said and you nodded, even though you all knew it was a lie. "No boys," John said and once again you agreed. John looked to his brothers before rubbing his hand on the top of your head, messing up your hair and stepping out of your way.

"Be safe," He said making you smile before you rushed out of the door before they could change their minds. "You'll have someone follow her right Tommy?" Arthur asked. "Most definitely brother," John chuckled with Arthur.

"Poor girls never going to find a man with you lot smothering her all the time." Ada said with a disapproving look. "'Course she will," said John. "When we find a man who's good enough!" He said walking towards the kitchen.