29. Michael Gray: Michael's Girl

There she was, stood across the room serving the men at the other end of the bar

There she was, stood across the room serving the men at the other end of the bar. Michael couldn't help but scowl as he watched her. She seemed to float rather than walk, the music quietly playing through the chatter of customers making her weightless, allowing it to carry her with its beat.

Michael had never despised anyone as much as he despised her. She was sickeningly sweet, a good girl to the bone. Everyone said she'd make a wonderful wife to a very lucky man.

Michael scowled as he watched her because she reminded him of his old life. She reminded him of the green fields, the country view and that pretty little white wishing well that Michael dreamed of smashing to pieces with a hammer.

This girl would of been perfect for Henry, Michaels prior life. She would of fitted in lovely with the boring lifestyle Michael was almost destined to live.

Michael could see it now, he, Henry, would return home from his mundane day at work and she would already have supper on the table. Their kids would of been fed, bathed and in bed by 7 and the house would be spotless. She would kiss Henry on the cheek, a peck.

This woman would fit in very well in the painfully boring life most people lived but he wouldn't allow it.

Michael stood from his seat at the booth with his cousins. He made long strides across the room, everyone clearing out of his way due to his murderous gaze.

You had just finished serving some gentlemen their pints and was moving onto the next table to clean it when Michael gripped hold of you and pulled you to face him.

"Hello gorgeous," He said softly before pressing his lips to yours hungrily. The kiss was not the one he envisioned you giving to Henry, this was no peck but rather a lustful snog that should be shared in private.

"Hello Michael, missed me?" You said with a smile when the kiss finished. "More than I can fathom," he smiled back. "Come on, it's time to head home." He said pulling you gently. "Michael I haven't finished my shift," you giggled.

"You have now, by order of the Peaky fuckin blinders." He said making you giggle more as he pulled you out of the Garrison.

You see, Michael hated how much you reminded him of his old life, hated how you were destined for a man like Henry but he loved you so painfully much that he would fight for you until his last breath. He wouldn't let you become someone's boring housewife. You'd always be Michaels girl.

~~~~~

"Ah for fuck'sake!" Arthur bellowed as he watched his younger cousin pull you out. "He's gotta stop nickin my fuckin barmaid!" John laughed. "Let em be," Thomas said smirking.

~~~~~

How was this one? I really enjoyed writing it!