Chapter 2 - Why didn't you deny it?

"Sister Shen, you can't stay mad at me forever!" Caesar exclaimed while scratching the back of his neck out of frustration.

"Yes, I can." Shen Yue replied. Ever since the interview came out of social media gossip sites and different speculations about her and Yi Tian's relationship started to arise, she had been trying really hard not to acknowledge Caesar's presence.

A day after the interview's release, it reached the first trending news in Weibo. Fans from overseas told her fans in China that her interview became included in trending topics on Facebook and Twitter. With this, her management called her immediately and deliberately scolded her for being careless. She shouldn't be linked with anyone - not this time, since her latest drama was airing. Her bosses were afraid that she and her new love tandem would not sell. And of course, as a regular human being, she could not help but put all the blame to Caesar.

"I'm sorry, okay?" her friend sighed in defeat. "I'm sorry you got scolded because of my big mouth."

"Definitely." She replied, coldly. To the whole crew's surprise, Caesar suddenly laid on the floor while kicking his feet like a small kid having a tantrum.

"Please forgive me, Sister Shen! I'll treat you hotpot every day for the rest of my life! If I die ahead of you, I'll transfer my money to your account so you can still buy hotpot on my behalf, but if you die before me, I'll still bring you hotpot!" Caesar had tears in the corner of his eyes when he realized that Shen Yue started to laugh.

"You're silly." she smiled as she read her script.

"Are we friends again?"

"Hotpot first."

"Coming right away!" Caesar immediately stood up and went to the parking lot where his car was parked.

Shen Yue could not help but shake her head while smiling. Her friend's really extra, that was for sure. She went back to reading and memorizing her lines, savoring the little time that Caesar wasn't around. Not that Caesar was annoying, well he was quite annoying, but that was because he could not stop talking especially about gossips! Shen Yue was a very private person that was why she finds it awkward to listen to other artist's private life. She always keeps in mind this one thing: what if she was the one being gossiped about? If she was in that artist's shoes, what would she feel? Of course she would feel bad. That was why she would always change the topic when Caesar would start to gossip about a certain person.

She was in the middle of memorization when her phone beeped. It was a WeChat message. Who would send her a message at this time? It was freaking 4 in the morning! Shen Yue reached for her phone to check who the sender was. When she saw who sent the message, her eyes almost fell out of its sockets. Her heartbeat went frenzy. Her mouth became dry that she suddenly had a hard time swallowing.

She slowly opened the message; her heartbeat's getting faster and faster each passing second.

From Hu Yi Tian: Teacher Shen.

Another beep.

Hu Yi Tian: Did I do anything wrong?

Another beep.

Hu Yi Tian: If yes, I want to apologize. But let me apologize personally. I want to see you. Let us talk. Please?

Another beep.

Hu Yi Tian: I can't find myself attaching silly memes or whatsoever in this message because I'm serious. I seriously want to have a talk with you.

Another beep.

Hu Yi Tian: Please? I'll be waiting for your reply no matter how long it'll take.

She did not notice that she was staring blankly at her phone for a good 15 minutes, not until Caesar slightly nudged her head causing her to jump in shock. She almost dropped her phone on the concrete.

"Why is your face like a fish running out of oxygen?" Caesar asked while raising one of his brows.

"I-it's nothing. I was j-just, uh, memorizing my lines and I got carried away that I imagined the scene in my head." Shen Yue replied.

"But why is your face red?" Caesar asked while looking closely at Shen Yue's face. He was examining her face for a good 5 minutes when Shen Yue had enough of his investigation and forcefully pushed his face away from her.

"Hey! You almost ruined my handsome face!" Caesar exclaimed.

"It's already ruined. There's no room left for further process of ruining your face." Shen Yue teased. Caesar was just about to lunge for her when her phone beeped again.

She suddenly went quiet. Caesar wondered why his friend went to silent mode in just a second. He observed Shen Yue's appearance -- her eyes were glued at her phone's screen while there was a stunned expression on her face. He knew that peeking at other's phone was a bad thing but he could not help it. He wanted to know why Shen Yue became like that. He went around his friend and looked at her phone.

"It's Hu Yi Tian! He wanted to see you!" Caesar whispered at her ear.

"I know -- huh! What?! It's not!" Shen Yue wanted to punch her own face at that moment. Caesar just laughed as he watched the frustrated expression on her face.

"What's wrong with talking? You were workmates before!" Caesar said.

'Yeah. Workmates. We were just workmates so why are you feeling so nervous? You always go out with your other friends during free time. Hu Yi Tian is no big deal.'

'Oh, really Shen Yue? He's not a big deal?'

Shen Yue had an internal battle with her own mind when she realized that Caesar was typing on her phone while smiling deviously.

"Okay. Let us meet at xx restaurant on Saturday. I'm free the whole day." Caesar voiced out the things he typed on Shen Yue's phone. She felt like a bucket of ice was poured on her head so she suddenly got up and tried to grab her phone away from Caesar. Since she was just 158cm tall, obviously, she was not able to reach for that evil device.

"Okay sent! Here's your phone." Caesar handed the phone back to her but Shen Yue punched his head playfully. Caesar acted like he was in pain.

"You're so annoying!" she shouted.

"Yeah. Annoyingly handsome." He retorted back.

"This was all your fault, Caesar! If you had not said the things you said in the interview, I would be still at peace!" She screamed.

"Oh really? But you had the freedom to deny what I had said. Why didn't you deny it?" Caesar wiggled his eyebrows. Shen Yue just rolled her eyes out of frustration.

But somehow, Caesar was right. Why didn't she deny it? Why didn't she deny that she watched Happy Camp when Yi Tian was there?

Well, it was because she really watched that episode.

"Where are you going? The hotpot's here!" Caesar shouted.

"I lost my appetite for hotpot. But I suddenly have the appetite to strangle you!" She shouted back.

❤❤❤❤❤

I was worried that hotpots are only served inside the restaurant but when I did a quick research, thankfully there are now takeouts and deliveries for that certain food. In ALSB, they often mention hotpot and as a food maniac, I would love to try it out! Yum! 🍲

Thank you for reading this story! I really appreciate it. :)

--- AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm sorry for not uploading the next chapter guys! :( I've been busy this past week because, y'know, hell week. Huhu but rest assured, chapter 3 is on its way! Thank you for being patient! I really appreciate the votes and comments (if there's any) you gave on the past 2 chapters I had uploaded. Again, thank you so much! <3