Chapter 8 - Yi Tian, what have you done?

Author's Note: if you haven't heard the scandal wherein Hu Yi Tian is involved, you'll have a glimpse of it in this chapter. I'm sorry, I had to. I feel so sorry for both of them, especially for Shen Yue. 😢

❤❤❤❤❤

Yueyue and Yi Tian became even closer after his unexpected visit in Shen Yue's unit. Ever since that day, Yi Tian visits her with a handful of snacks and gifts in tow. In the process, he became close to Caesar. They both even played games together, with Yueyue found at the back munching her favorite snacks, of course.

Yi Tian would always ask for Shen Yue to eat outside - may it be a fancy one or a secluded ramen or hotpot spot. They just made sure that they were not seen by people. Heck, even their managers did not know they were seeing each other. Caesar was the only one who knew their secret 'friendly' meeting.

Shen Yue looked at herself in the mirror before heading outside of the unit. She straightened out the wrinkle on her sleeves and smiled confidently when she succeeded. Yi Tian and her would meet again in that restaurant where they had met and talked weeks before. She could not help but smile when she recalled the first time she laid eyes on Yi Tian after months of not talking. She was glad that just like the wrinkle on her dress, they were able to straighten out their misunderstandings.

When she was already in the restaurant, she was expecting that Yi Tian would already be there. After all, there was not a single moment that he was late. He would always be a half or an hour earlier than her. However, when she went to their favorite spot, Yi Tian wasn't there.

'Maybe he's already on his way here. A couple of minutes waiting for him won't hurt', she thought.

Five minutes...

Ten minutes...

Twenty-five minutes...

Forty-five minutes...

One hour...

An hour had passed but Yi Tian was not still there. She could not help but worry. She could not help but think of different possibilities why he was late. She did not want to think of things that included blood, broken bones, and hospitals but her mind kept on drifting on those things. She just slapped her face quite hard, trying to shake herself from her thoughts.

A few minutes later, her phone buzzed. She answered it withouth looking at the name of the caller thinking it was Yi Tian.

"Hey I'm already here! I've been waiting for an hour. Where are you? Are you okay? Did something happen?" Shen Yue said in one breath, worry evident on her voice.

"Wait, what? Where are you? Are you supposed to meet someone? Who is that?" a girl on the other line asked.

Shen Yue looked at her phone screen and her manager's name appeared. "Oh, uhm, it's nothing. I was just rehearsing something."

"Oooohhh. I thought you are already dating someone." Her manager teased.

"No, there's no one i'm dating, if there is, you'll be the first to know," she replied, "by the way, why did you call?"

"Did you hear the latest news?" her manager said with a hint of sadness on her voice.

"What news?" Shen Yue asked.

"Where have you been?! Are you a neanderthal? Do you live in a cave?" the manager mocked her. Was it her fault that she barely checked her weibo account? "Hu Yi Tian is in big trouble."

With the mention of his name, Shen Yue's brain started working like crazy again. Her heart was also hammering frantically, "Wha-what happened to him?"