Chapter 9 - Hitting Two Birds in One Stone

Hello!!! I just to let you know that whatever you will read in this chapter is just a product of my own scientific method (haha joke). This is my own theory about Yi Tian's issue. I hope you'll like it! Thank you for your support. I love you all! 😍

❤❤❤❤❤

"Shen Yue, please. Open the door. I'll explain. Let me explain." Yi Tian screamed. He was waiting for Shen Yue for nearly five hours now. He knew she was inside because of the faint music he had heard coming from her unit.

It's been three days since the scandal had spread all over the internet world. Yi Tian received a lot of hate messages, he had heard insults enough to haunt him for a lifetime. However, what those unknown people thought of him was nothing to him, but when it comes to Shen Yue and her current thoughts about the issue, he wanted to know. Her thoughts matter.

It's also been three days since he started showing up in front of Shen Yue's door, begging her to listen to his explanation. He would just finish his work for that day and relentlessly knock on the girl's door for hours until his knuckles ache and his voice become hoarse.

"You know she won't come out even if you die there on her doorstep on the spot, right?" a familiar man's voice said.

"I know. But I still want to try." Yi Tian looked back and saw Caesar, staring at him with coldness in his eyes. He had probably heard the news about him.

"As much as I want to pity you in your current state, I can't. Shen Yue's my friend," the man walked towards him and patted his shoulder, "but for the sake of being a good man, instead of waiting for her here, you can sit on my comfortable sofa."

"No, thanks. I'll just wait here." Yi Tian said while he resumed on his knocking routine on Yueyue's door.

"Tell me everything. I might help you, if you deserve it." Caesar said as he moved inside his unit.

Yi Tian heard Caesar's door closed. He thought of his offer. After all, Caesar was Shen Yue's friend. If she did not want to talk to him right now, she might consider talking to a friend of hers. He did not completely trust Caesar but he had no other choice.

After a few minutes, Caesar heard three knocks on her door. He smiled briefly and shook his head as he approached the door. He let in Yi Tian silently and made him sit on one of his double-seat sofas. He then sat on the largest one.

He looked at Yi Tian like he was calculating a Math problem. He noticed the bags under the man's eyes. A five o'clock shadow was also present on his face. He sure was stressed to not even care of his looks. He looked older than his real age.

"You looked horrible." Caesar said.

"I know." the man replied.

"You know, when Shen Yue went here three days ago, she was crying her eyes out. I hadn't seen her cry like that to think that we were friends for quite a while now. You hurt her so much... so much that even in her sleep she was still crying. So much that she barely touched her meals and we both know that she loves food!!! So much that she refused to open the television because your face is all over her favorite channel and as much as I want to punch you in the face right now, I can't. I'll let you explain first then I'll decide whether you are worthy of my fist or not." Caesar looked calm as he said those words but Yi Tian's heart grew even gloomier than before. Shen Yue... what have I done?

Yi Tian stood up hearing those words and attempted to go out and knock on the girl's door again but Caesar calmly stopped him. "Give her time to cool down. She isn't a bad person. She'll let you explain once she's ready to be near you."

With that, Yi Tian sat down again and sighed in defeat. He rested his elbows on his legs and put his face in his hands. He suddenly heard someone sobbing... it was getting louder and louder. He felt droplets of water on his palms. He did not realize it at first, but when he came into his senses, he realized that the sob and the tears were from his own eyes. He was crying... crying in front of Caesar for God's sake!

He wanted to stop himself from bawling but he simply couldn't. He wanted to release this trapped feeling of his three days ago to Shen Yue but she did not want to listen to him. Luckily, Caesar was there and even though they were not that close, he did not laugh at him nor tell him he was overreacting.

"You-you know, Caesar, I d-d-don't know w-what to do a-anymore." Yi Tian said in between sobs.

"Here, drink some water first and calm yourself then explain." Caesar passed a glass of water on to Yi Tian and watched him as the man sitting opposite to him downed the water. His eyes were swollen and his face was very red.

A few minutes passed by when Yi Tian talked again.

"It was a set up." he started.

"How? Why?" Caesar asked.

"When we were shooting A Love so Beautiful, I had a girlfriend, right?," Yi Tian asked and Caesar nodded, "I broke up with her because our relationship's unstable and I was starting to like someone else. I'd be a total jerk if I continued the relationship and proceeded on liking that someone at the same time. So that time, it's the best thing to do."

"So... I told her we need to break up because it isn't working out anymore. And I told her about that someone else. She was insisting that I and the girl were having an affair but in reality, I do not know what that girl thinks of me. I seriously think that she thinks of me as a brother. Just a brother."

"It's Shen Yue, right?" Caesar asked.

Yi Tian nodded and slightly smiled. "I did not originally plan to tell her who that someone else was but she guessed it right. I did not have a choice but to admit it in front of her face. I told her we were not dating but she did not want to believe me. I do not want her to think Shen Yue as the other woman but since I told her I liked Yueyue, she instantly thought that we were in a relationship."

"So, why are you telling this to me?" Caesar asked.

"My ex knew I loved video games and mobile phone games so much. Before we totally separated ways, she threatened me that my career would go downhill and that she would do everything to make my life miserable. I did not take that threat seriously and thought that her anger would die down eventually. This month, I received an email from a certain video game company. They were asking me to be their endorser. I agreed immediately. I was excited and stupid enough not to forward the message to my manager for verification. The email instructed me to meetup at a hotel room. Gosh, I am so stupid!"

"You are. Continue." Caesar commanded. Yi Tian heaved a sigh and continued talking.

"On that room, there were three persons. A girl, her name was Bei Ye Bei and two other men. They all looked like professional. They told me the deal and everything. They even said they were unfortuate they could not meet my manager that day and could not proceed to the other deals! As if!" Yi Tian's hand balled into fist. He was so angry at those people and to himself, too.

"I thought everything's gonna be fine. I was expecting for a message from that same company but instead of that message, the issue emerged. They even secured a surveillance footage of me and that girl entering the hotel -- at separate times, I may add." he said.

"And you think you ex is behind all of this?" Caesar asked.

"Yes she is. When my manager reached out to Bei Ye Bei and told we would file a lawsuit against her, she immediately dropped the name of my ex. She said that my ex paid her and the two other men to do this since they were good at tweaking and editing audio clips. One of them had a connection in that hotel hence the surveillance footage." Yi Tian shook his head and looked at his phone. He then unlocked it and showed it to Caesar. "My ex was even interviewed and said that I am like a dog who continuously eats poop. She also said that I am lustful and would bang random girls."

When Caesar finished reading the article, his brows were already furrowed. What a twisted game!

"The saddest thing is that they made me look like I can say those awful words at Shen Yue. They made it look like the audio clip was real. They should have targeted me-only me. They shouldn't have included Shen Yue. She's so precious... now she won't trust me anymore." Yi Tian put his face in his hands again and felt the hot tears streaming down his face when he felt the space beside him move. He looked at his side thinking it was Caesar but he was wrong.

"Stop crying." Shen Yue said.

He looked at Caesar and he was smiling broadly. "Hitting two birds in one stone."

❤❤❤❤❤

So... what do you guys think?