Chapter 4 - How could I hate you?

"Shen Yue, you're making me crazy." Yi Tian looked away and smiled as he shook his head.

Shen Yue could not help but snap at Yi Tian's remark, "Well, I'm barely sitting here for 5 minutes and the first thing you tell me is I'm making you crazy?"

Yi Tian just looked at her with mischief in his eyes. "Hey, hey. Don't get me wrong Teacher Shen. I didn't mean it negatively, you know."

Shen Yue just stared at him dumbfounded. If he did not mean it negatively then what? As realization dawned on her mind, she was blushing big time. She tried to drink the water in front of her but it still did not hide the redness that was on her face. Hu Yi Tian just looked down, trying not to laugh at her reaction.

"Hey! Can you please stop calling me Teacher Shen!" she bit back, thinking that making herself look angry would chase away the blush on her face.

"Why would I?" Hu Yi Tian furrowed his brows. Clearly, he was not fond of that idea.

"You know, we are not that close... anymore." Shen Yue replied, her voice almost inaudible but Yi Tian still heard her.

"What happened, teacher Shen?" he asked. Shen Yue looked at him, his eyes were... lonely? Why would he be lonely? There are lots of girls out there that he could chase anytime. Oh, scratch that. He would not do the chasing. Girls would fight against each other just to be with Yi Tian.

"What do you mean?" she asked, playing innocent.

"You exactly know what I mean." He replied.

"I don't."

"Why did you stop responding to my messages? Why did you stop from answering my calls? Why did you stop being my... I don't know... uhm, friend?" Yi Tian's face was quite sad upon saying those questions. Shen Yue, being the sweetheart that she was, almost tried to stand up and hug Yi Tian. Thank goodness she could control herself. But... friend? Well, you got it right. She was just a friend.

"I don't know. Maybe it was because of the last message you sent me." She replied.

"That I missed you?" Yi Tian quickly responded.

"Yes."

"Am I not allowed to miss you? I miss Zhi Ting, Sun Ning, and Zi Wei as much as I miss you. Last time I checked, there's no fine on missing your friends, right?" after he said those words, he instantly regret it just by looking at Shen Yue's face.

"Oh yes, you're right." She said, 'Maybe I just gave a different meaning to your 'I miss you'. Gosh! I'm so stupid!' she said mentally.

"Wait, did you think that I meant that romantically?" Yi Tian asked. He wanted to hit his head big time for those words he just said.

"No. Can I just please go? I'm busy." Yeah, she was busy. She wanted to be in her bed the whole day, contemplating how this meeting went.

"I'm sorry, Teacher Shen. I'm sorry." Yi Tian looked at her, as he reached for her hands. During the shoot of 'A Love so Beautiful', he would always reach for her hands and be amazed at how small her hands were compared to him. He would often trap her hands inside his fist and Shen Yue would try really hard to escape.

When his hand was about to touch Shen Yue's, she quickly stood up and bid her goodbye.

"You're leaving? We haven't eaten yet." Yi Tian also stood up and went to where Shen Yue was.

"No, you said we're just going to have a short talk. You already knew why I stopped responding to your messages, you apologized. That's all. I hope you'll have a good life." She started to walk towards the door but Yi Tian held her wrists which made her spun.

"No... this is not right." Yi Tian looked at her eyes as if he was pleading for her to stay. "I did not what I was talking about a while ago. Whenever I look at you, I feel nervous and crazy and all sort of that – that's why I was talking nonsense."

"Well, you sure do talk nonsense." Her brows were furrowed, clearly showing that she was annoyed.

"Can we please sit over there?" Yi Tian tugged her along with him towards a huge sofa that was located at one side of the room. When they were already seated, Shen Yue thought that he would start to talk but ten minutes passed by but she could not hear anything from him except his breathing.

"You know... that message I sent you? That was true. I never sent anything like that to our friends. It was just for you." Yi Tian confessed. "I don't know, ever since I met you, I always think of you and that day you started to ignore me, I went crazy."

Shen Yue just looked at him. He was looking at his hands like he was a small boy caught stealing a cookie from a cookie jar.

"I really did not know what to do. I tried to call Zi Wei but she said you still send her messages. I tried to contact your management but they said you were not allowed to talk to me. That's really silly, right?!" by this time, Yi Tian was clearly frustrated that his voice became louder. "Why would they stop you from talking to me? It was not as if your new drama would not sell if you and I talk."

"Well, that's exactly the management's fear." Shen Yue finally had chance to say something.

"That explains a lot." Yi Tian looked at her like she was a small puppy.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she said.

"I saw that interview of yours where Caesar said that you watched Happy Camp when I was in there." His tone was amused but his eyes were quite sad, Shen Yue noticed. "Is that true?"

"Uhm... y—yes?" she hesitated but still said the truth. That made Yi Tian smile big time. She looked at him and she could not help but smile too. "Why are you smiling like that? It's creepy!"

"Nothing. It's just that, when I was in that show, I was secretly hoping that you were watching but it made me happy big time when I found out weeks later that you actually watched the show." Yi Tian's eyes were bright with glee but it turned gloomy again. "But when I was in the set for my new drama, while I was watching your interview again, one of my co-actors sat by me and watched the interview with me and he said something."

"What did he say?" she asked.

"That someone from our staff went to the office that day and that staff heard that you were being scolded because of that interview and that you watched Happy Camp." Yi Tian pat her head just like the good old times.

Shen Yue did not swat Yi Tian's hand away. Actually, she was glad for that gesture. "It's alright. They just wanted to do what's best for my new show. You know, people are still rooting for our loveteam even though it's months after 'A Love so Beautiful'. So in order for the people to accept my new love tandem, they wanted so bad to erase you from my image."

"Now I understand why you stopped talking to me." Yi Tian said. "I thought you hated me."

"Why would I hate you?" Shen Yue asked. 'How could I hate you when I like you in the first place," she thought.

"So, are we good?" Yi Tian asked shyly. His eyes were very expressive. That was one of the many things she liked about him. When Yi Tian looks at her, she would understand him even though he was not saying anything.

"Yes. But we should keep it a secret, okay?" she said.

"It's alright. I would not allow other people to scold you again. If they do, tell me and I'll kick their ass." Yi Tian said and that made Shen Yue laugh big time.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Fast update, huh? :)