Chapter 11 - Her Turn

Shen Yue was shocked... for the second time around. She did not expect that Yi Tian would confess in front of her face about his feelings. She did not know what to do or feel -- but she knew for a fact that she should be happy. She MUST be happy. He liked Yi Tian more than anyone in this planet. She must be floating in cloud nine by now, but the reality was -- she wasn't happy.

"...Yi Tian." she whispered.

The man just smiled at her. It was a bittersweet smile. "I know Yueyue." He moved closer to Shen Yue and pinched her cheeks. "You're shocked, right?"

"Ye-yes, I am." she replied.

When Yi Tian let go of her face, she unconsciously touched her cheeks where the man's warmth still lingered. She imagined the feeling of holding his hands or getting enclosed by him in a hug. She was busy daydreaming when Yi Tian slightly poked her forehead.

"Earth to Yueyue!" he said while laughing.

When she came back to her senses, she stood up and sat on the sofa, creating a distance from Yi Tian. She did not want to be in a daze again because of, well... the man sitting across her.

"Shen Yue, I tried very hard not to like you... but I can't. I know after this, everything would be awkward between us. Heck, this might even ruin our friendship... but still, I want to tell you." he confessed. His head was bowed down indicating he was shy. He also felt a blush creeping on his face. This feeling -- it was like confessing to your high school crush again. The only difference was that, this time it was real. They were both adults and he knew for sure that what he was feeling wasn't puppy love anymore. After all, they were too old for that thing.

"I don't want to pressure you," he said, "I know you don't like me and you don't see me in a romantic way. I know I am just a friend, a brother to you. But I am asking you to at least... just let me try. Let me change your mind about me. I don't want you to see me as a brother or a friend anymore. I will try really hard to win your heart even if it takes a lifetime. But if you still don't feel anything towards me, I would let you go."

Yi Tian was clutching the hem of his shirt real hard. His sweat was all over his body, hell yeah, he was too nervous to function. He became more nervous when he could not hear any reaction from Shen Yue - not a breath, no movement at all.

However, several moments later, he felt that someone was trying to enclose his fist with his. That someone's hand was too small, too soft, too gentle. When he looked at the hand sitting on top of his hand, it wasn't a 'his'. It was hers. It was Shen Yue's.

He looked directly in her eyes. Her black-brown orbs were so magical - it was like casting a spell all over his body and he wanted to be entrapped in that spell forever.

"Please don't.", she simply said.

Yi Tian was clueless to what she was trying to say. Shen Yue was just looking down at their hands when she spoke the words he did not expect to hear.

"Please don't let me go."

"Wh-what?", out of shock, Yi Tian suddenly jumped up from his initial position and looked at the girl with his eyes as big as saucers.

"I-I like you too.", Shen Yue said. That made Yi Tian weak in the knees that he almost -- almost fell on the floor. Shen Yue stood up and she went in front of Yi Tian. "I can't take you out of my mind since that time when we were still doing the same drama. It even came to the point that I became scared of what I am feeling for you. I tried to get away from you, I tried to ignore you but I just can't.", her head was lowered and she was playing with her fingers like a kid.

"I thought you didn't like me so I thought you're just playing with my feeling when you told me months ago that you missed me. I did not want to be one of your side chicks." she confessed.