26 - The Power Couple.

Air was caught in her lungs as she gasped in realisation, a gasp that was heard by more people than she would have liked.

"Y/n?"

She rounded the corner slowly, her mind too rattled to distinguish who called her name. Her eyes scanned the room as all faces in attendance whipped in her direction, mirroring the same stunned look.

"Hello Y/n. You've grown." Her Uncles voice was soft with uncertainty. Her gaze quickly traveled to his now turned posture as he looked up at her from his seat.

No words seemed to come to mind, drowned out by conflicting thoughts.

She felt infuriated from all of the secrets to say the least and dissapointed to see that it wasn't her Father. The striking ressemblance between her Father and his Brother had her torn with bitter sweet hope.

She kept quiet, striding over to the other side of the room, gesturing Namjoon to scoot over on the sofa before plonking herself down between him and Yoongi where she felt most confident in the unknown situation she had wandered into half asleep.

"Mind telling me what you're doing here?" Her voice didn't waver despite her adrenaline thumping off the scale. Her words clipped, vacant of any manners a neice should hold for their Uncle.

"I came in your Fathers place. He's stuck in The Higher Districts until tomorrow and I am the next best option for this particular situation. After confirming that you were collected safetly, he wanted you to be informed that he is indeed on his way."

"Well when he's free he can come and collect me himself instead of sending his lackeys." The fact that her Father prioritised other affairs rather than meeting with her himself after so many years- it had made her feel a bit worthless, as worthless as she felt when she was younger and finally realised he wasn't coming home, regardless of how high she held her hopes.

"We've found you now, so there's no need for lackeys." Her Uncle lightly bantered, finding her choice of words rather amusing.

"I'm not staying." She stated.

"What!? You have to." Chanyeol warned.

"I don't have to do anything!" She snapped, "and why the hell are you all sitting in here so chummy with each other all of a sudden after the performance you all put on yeaterday."

It was a fair question.
Years upon years of bad blood, blood shed and shed tears- two rivaling Districts sitting pretty in one small room with not so much as an insult thrown.

"Let's call it, mutual interest." Junmyeon chimmed in, " We all only have your safety and well being in mind."

"Why? Because my Father demanded you do so? I don't know you, or any of you for that matter. Not really..."

Her voice trailed off at the resurfacing details of The Bulletproof District plans to hold her in The South.

It was a subject she had kept dormant in the back of her mind since she had found out the alternate truth.
Regardless, given the torrent of frequent messy events since being informed, it wasn't hard to distract herself from having to acknowledge the friendships she invested much time and effort into- possibly being built on false pretenses.

Her adoration of The Bulletproof District boys had sadly withered slightly at the news.

"What do you all have to possibly gain from keeping me safe?" She knew the answers given would stir more confusion within her, but her thirst for truth had only grown more severe.

"To put it simply," Her Uncle readjusted his position, leaning forward and slanting his arms across his knee's to appear more direct, "Your Parents."