20

Up until now, Kit is still bothered by earlier's revelation, it's not actually a revelation but more of a hunch or gut feeling. After that incident, the thought overcame his mind and never left completely, he's just waiting for someone to confess something to him or them.

Pushing all those matters aside, the day went on with successful surgeries and another stressful round of work. Lunch finally came and all 3 doctors are free to meet each other and have some catching up to do. Kit was the first one to arrive at their cafeteria, he ordered some food and pick a table, he started eating afterwards. Few minutes passed, Pha and Beam came together and ordered their food, sat with Kit and started their conversation.

"How are you feeling Ai'Kit? I heard from Ming about what happened." Pha asks while munching his food.

"I'm good, the doctor just told me to rest and I'll be fine." I replied then gulp my food.

"It's quite funny that you're a doctor yourself and you can't even take care of yourself." Beam pointed making me snicker at him.

"Yeah? Said the guy who faints more than I do." I sarcastically retorted. Beam just gave me an irritating look.

"Shut up!" He said then continue munching on his food. *smiles evilly* Just wait till I expose your secret asshole. I snicker at the thought.

"Oh, by the way, are you guys available this Friday? I know you're free by then." I ask as I glance at them, they nodded in agreement.

"Why you ask?" Pha halted his actions then sit back straight.

"Ming wanted to invite you guys for dinner this Friday night." I replied, hiding my smile so as not to spoil my surprise.

"Hmm~ sure we'll ask our husbands if they're free by then." It was Beam's turn to talk, I smiled at him guessing he wants to surprise us too, but I could be wrong.

"Then let's meet up at our usual restaurant by 8." I stated as I turn my attention to my food and texted Ming afterwards.

~~~~
Friday

"KitKat, are you done?" Ming slightly opened the door and peek inside.

"Almost, just wait a little bit." It is already Friday night and I am currently struggling to wear my shirt since I can't think of a perfect style for my shirt. I heard the door open widely and Ming's footsteps as he came closer to me. He helped me tuck my shirt, then adjusted the sides, he twirl me to look at the mirror.

"There, you're good to go." He commented and flash a smile. "Let me correct that, you're ALWAYS good to go." Then smiled sheepishly, adding his signature wink of course. I just chuckled at his comment then playfully slap his arm.

"I know. Let's go now." I ushered him and we went downstairs.

~~~
"Eh? Why am I suddenly nervous?" I mumbled at myself as I rub my chest. I felt Ming's warm and soft hands clasps against mine.

"Don't worry na~ I know they'll be happy for us." Ming gave me his reassuring smile then continue to drive.

All throughout the drive, we talked about the possible reactions from our friends and reminding each other about the deal we made a few days ago. Arriving at the restaurant, I could clearly see Ai'Pha and N'Yo already seated at one of the tables. We step inside and the aroma of the food immediately surrounded me. After sitting with them, we started ordering our food and I can't help but savor the aroma of blueberry cheesecake spiraling around the restaurant, I beg Ming to order me some and he obviously complied.

According to the research we've (Ming and I) been doing, pregnant women tend to have sharper sense of smell. Which I could experience every now and then, after and before finding out I was pregnant. My husband and I have been doing some research about pregnancy so we could gain more knowledge and prepare for circumstances.

While the waiter is placing our food in the table, Forth and Beam arrive at the location. They immediately smile at us and take the vacant seats, once the waiter was finished, he take Forth and Beam's order then went off.

"So, what's the occasion?" Forth immediately asks as soon as the waiter was out of sight. Ming look at me nervously then smiled.

"Well, we have something to tell you guys. A surprise actually." Ming started, and not really from where I'm seated, I could see Yo's excited face after hearing what Ming said.

"Oooh~ I love surprises, what could it be?" Yo voiced out as he squirm in his seat, unable to contain my laugh, I release just a chuckle.

"You'll know it soon N, just wait for their food to arrive." I said while pointing to Forth and Beam, Ming easily nodded and we started eating our food. Not much later, Forth and Beam's food arrived. We let them eat their dinner first so they could at least be prepared for our big surprise.

After checking and finalizing the situation, I cleared my throat to gather their attention, which they do so.

"Uhmmm. So guys, I know our surprise to you might be unbelievable, and it surprised us at first. But trust us on this." I started and the table automatically went quiet, I check their faces and a mixture of confusion, excitement, bewilderment and many more are evident on their faces. And so, my nervousness started crawling up to me again, it seem that my voice was stuck and I can't tell the next words. Gripping my hand tightly and giving me a reassuring smile, Ming continued my words earlier.

"You may think we're joking but we're serious for this matter. The next words might surprise you and caught you off guard, but it's the truth." Ming stated taking a deep breath. "My wife Kit is pregnant."

[A/N] How are you guys?

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there, especially to the new 'mother' in this ff 😏😂

TBC