12. Lunch with Landon?

'After Five Years' hit 300k reads a few minutes ago!!!🖤

"Sebastian, this is my boyfriend- Landon."

My world comes to a screeching halt. What the hell is happening?

"Hey, Sebastian, it's good to see you again." Landon holds his hand out, smirking.

"You two know each other?" Paisley's face scrunches in confusion.

"We're-"

"We were college roommates." Landon interrupts me and I glare at him. He better not talk any further, the past is in the past. Paisley doesn't need to know about our time as college roommates... "We were close, we shared everything." His smile widens when he sees my jaw clench.

"Oh," Paisley giggles. "That's so funny."

No, it's not.

"Where are we going for lunch?" She asks me, letting Landon wrap his arm around he waist.

My hand itches to rip it from his body and fucking beat him with it.

"Um, I made reservations for that steakhouse you like." Then we were supposed to go to our house where I would tell her I love her but that's not happening now.

"Perfect." Her giddy grin gives my heart a jolt. "Lan and I are going to get Simba and we'll meet you there?"

"Great." She's already grabbing Landon's hand and pulling him away before I finish the word.

Numb and confused I walk out of the airport to my limo.

"Fuck!" I yell, kicking the limo tire. "Fuck!"

"Sir?" Daniel questions me.

"Shut up." I growl at him. "Don't fucking talk right now." I send my fist into the side of the car. It makes a thud sound and I hiss in pain. "Damn it!"

I should have known. I should have told her before she left. I shouldn't have let her leave.

Everything I should and shouldn't have done comes to my mind, like a flash flood.

I can fix this. I- I just need to figure out how serious she is about Landon.

With a newfound determination, I straighten my suit jacket and get into the limo.

Danial keeps his mouth shut and just drives. Smart man.

"Reservation for Hayes." I tell the hostess once I'm inside.

"Yes, sir. Right this way."

Paisley and Landon are already at the table, they look like a perfect couple.

She's huddled close to Landon, resting her head on his shoulder. Part of me feels as if I'm invading their privacy.

Shaking that thought from my head. I head towards the table.

"Hey," Paisley grins, straightening up. "Hurry up and sit so we can eat! I'm starving."

Chuckling, I pull out my seat. "Well, let's get you some food."

"We already ordered. You better hurry and order because I'm not waiting for you." She says seriously.

Flagging the waitress down and quickly tell her my order. Her eyes widen when she sees who I am and she nods telling she'll make it a top priority in the kitchen.

"So," I clear my throat, watching as Landon rests his arm on the back of Paisley's chair. "How long have you two been together?" The longer they've been together, the slimmer my chances are.