16. Fight With Landon and Paisley

Numb. That's how I feel. She's getting married. To him. After everything he's done. He's no worse than you, my inner demon reminds me.

I feel physically torn between letting her be happy and ruining by trying my shot at happiness.

For the first time in my life I realize how truly selfish I am. The fact that I wish to ruin her happiness to gain mine proves I don't love her enough to deserve her.

She deserves to be happy. Even if it's with Landon.

*One Week Later*

"Ralph, man," I laugh, shaking the hand of a friend of mine. "Why am I sneaking into the back of the restaurant? Why is your restaurant closed at eight at night? Fucking dinner time!"

"Some rich jackass- no offense-" He smirks and I wave him off. "Is paying a pretty decent amount for the place to be empty. Trying to impress his fiance I guess."

"Hm." I nod. "Well, I'm here for your fettuccini alfredo."

"Of course you do." Ralph nods, grabbing a small pot off the giant wooden shelf that hold hundreds. "Paisley says my fettuccini is the best in New York."

"Sure man." I start walking out of the kitchen. "Which rich jackass is out there?"

"Luke Anderson?" He questions curiously. "No, that's not... Something Anderson..." He mutters and my curiosity get the best of me. Something Anderson...

"Landon Anderson?"

"Yes," Ralph snaps his fingers. "Landon, that's his name."

Anger fills me but I try to contain it, I'm letting Paisley be happy.

Maybe... I start walking toward the door that leads out of the kitchen.

"Sebastian." Ralph hisses.

Maybe if I see her happy, I'll be okay.

All the lights in the dining area are off except for the one chandelier hanging over a table in the center of the room.

Landon sits there, laughing as he picks up a glass of wine.

Across from him- what the fuck? The woman across from him is definitely not Paisley.

Before I know it I've stormed up to the table.

Landon looks shocked when he sees me. "Sebastian..."

"I fucking knew it." I spit through clenched teeth before grabbing him by the lapels of his suit jacked. Fueled by fury, I yank Landon from his seat.

"Sebastian." He says again and I respond by throwing him to the ground.

I glance at the young blonde woman sitting at the table before looking back at Landon.

"You truly are sick!" I growl. "Is she even legal?"

When I glance back at the woman. She doesn't look worried or even shocked. She looks fucking amused.

"Something funny?" I bark, and she shrugs, continuing to smirk as she grabs her wine glass.

"Sebastian, you need to calm down." Landon tells me from his spot on the floor.

"Calm down?" I yank him up from the floor. "You're cheating on her and you expect me to calm down?"

"Sebastian," He grins, "Why would I cheat on Paisley? We both know she's perfect. From her beautiful smile to..." He pauses his grin widening. "Those long legs..." He lowers his tone so only the two of us can hear. "And her perfectly shaped ass."