13. Mistakes

Sulking, that's what I'm doing- been doing. Paisley has been home a week yet; I haven't seen her since that failed lunch.

I don't know what to do. The little devil on my shoulder wants me to fuck her out of my system. While the guy in white says, I should lay my cards on the table.

I don't like either of those options.

Dragging my hand down my face, I try to focus back on the house I was designing for Cameron James.

A groan escapes my throat. I can't seem to focus.

Standing up from my desk, I walk towards my office windows and look down. People are bustling around, each person only concerned with their life. Their oblivious to other people's problems, problems like mine.

"Mr. Hayes." Jasmine comes into my office. "If you don't need anything, I'm going to take my lunch."

"That's fine." I nod, not looking at her.

After a few moments of silence delicate hands dig into my shoulders causing me to freeze.

"You look tense." Jasmine whispers in an attempt to be seductive, her over glossed lips brushing my ear.

For just a moment everything freezes. I have a choice. Listen to my inner demon? Obey the angel on my shoulder?

If you love someone, you don't give up on them this easily right?

I'm about to fire Jasmine when the news catches my attention.

"One of New York's top bachelors Landon Anderson spotted kissing a mysterious woman. Is this bad boy bachelor trying the relationship ride?"

Then again, if you love someone, you let them go...

Without thinking about it anymore, I spin myself around and push Jasmine against my office desk.

Her hands immediately go to the buttons on my shirt while her lips attack mine.

I pour all my hurt and frustration into Jasmine's mouth. She moans, her hands already moving to my belt. My chest feels like it's on fire. This is wrong my heart screams.

Jasmine's hands move lower and she grunts when my body doesn't react. Great, Paisley crushed not only my heart but also my manhood. You'd think after almost two years even the slightest thing would excite me.

My hands go to the back of Jasmine's dress, tugging at the zipper as her lips move to my neck.

I try to imagine them as Paisley's but I can't. They're the wrong size and the sticky gloss is something Paisley would never wear.

The door to my office is suddenly opened and my head jerks up. My eyes meet Paisley's shocked ones.

A squeal escapes her lips. "My bad. C-continue." She quickly closes the door.

My heart drops to my stomach. Fuck.

Immediately, I push away from Jasmine. I feel sick, disgusted with myself.

I'm looking for my shirt when she opens her mouth.

"Seb, what's wrong?"

Seb? Who the hell does she think she is?

"You're fired." I tell her, yanking my shirt on. "I want your desk cleaned out and your badge turned in before I get back."

Her eyes widen, she looks hurt but I don't care.

Buttoning a few buttons, I sprint out of the office.

I'm so damn stupid. I've just ruined any chance I had at showing Paisley I've changed.

The elevator doors are just closing when I round the hallway.

Growling, I rush toward the stairs, taking them two at a time.

"Paisley!" I shout, almost tripping when I get down the stairs. I'm already a sweaty, panting mess.

"Paisley!" I yell again as she opens the building door.

Hearing her name, she freezes before turning. I pause to catch my breath and she walks towards me.

"I am so sorry." Her cheeks are flushed red with embarrassment. "I should have knocked."

"You shouldn't have seen that. It- it wasn't what it looked like."

She laughs lightly. "Sebastian, it's okay, it was my fault."

"No, it's not. I-"

"Sebastian," Her nose crinkles in distaste. "I don't want to know."

Tell her you love her! It can't get worse than this.

You have to get Landon out of the picture first.

"Paisley," My tone is serious and she stares at me. "There's something you need to know about Landon."

"Sebastian," She sighs, shaking her head. "I don't want to know."

"It's important Paisley." She needs to know about the games he's played. The hearts he's broken. "He's done terrible things."

"Sebastian, stop."

"He's ruined lives, Paisley. He-"

"Sebastian!" She snaps red-faced, her tiny fists clenched.

My lips clamp shut, I've never seen her angry before.

"Before you tell me what terrible things my boyfriend, answer me one question..."

"Anything." I tell her meaning it. I would answer any question she asks.

"These things Landon did, they were in college right?"

"Yes?" I question, not knowing why it mattered.

Her next question has me losing all hope of winning her heart.

"So did these things occur before or after you slept with his fiancé?"

***

Ohhh... Bad Bash.

Comment! Vote! Share!