Chapter 8: Betrayal

((A/N: hey guys, just so you know at the end of this chapter there's a little bit of sad stuff... I'll warn you before it comes up, but I want you to know that I don't support cutting or believe in being bulimic, if you are please talk to someone. Sorry 'bout that, read on!))

Laura's P.O.V:

A week later John and I were back at work shuffling around in our small offices waiting for more patients. John texted asking for some files so I went to the secretary, got the ones he needed and headed over to his office.
I opened the door and my jaw dropped. The file and several other papers skittered to the floor and I choked on air and made some kind of a whining noise as I saw what was in front of me. I ran out of the room, something breaking inside of me. I ran through the street feeling for my phone in my pocket. I tapped out a text and ran to my destination.

*****

John's P.O.V:

I turned around as my third patient of the day walked into me small office. I gasped and shuttered when I saw a gun pointed directly at me, having a flashback to the army. I shuddered again and managed to breath out,

"What do you want?!" before taking in a shuddered breath.

She picked up my phone and tapped out a message. She then got up and walked over to me straddling my lap.

"Kiss me." She said pointing the gun at my chest.

I did as she said and she pulled me into the kiss. I was too scared to do anything except sit there paralyzed. I heard a click and the door opened, Laura walking happily in carrying documents. I could feel the cold metal of the gun on my chest and tried to indicate in some way that I needed help. Everything happened slow, I could see pain, shock, and sadness reflected in her eyes as the papers slowly slid to the floor and she made a strangled noise. A single tear slid down her face and landed on the documents scattered over the floor. She turned and ran her bracelet flashing as she left.

*****

Laura's P.O.V:

I approached the office sobbing. I walked in without a care and ran to the chair, falling to the floor beside it. Looking up at the man I stuttered out the words,

"It happened." before falling into his arms in a comforting hug.

*****

Mycroft's P.O.V:

I sat in my chair examining the many CCTV cameras that were my eyes around the city. I checked up on Laura who was doing fine, and then John. Just as I was going to shut the monitor off, I saw a strange woman enter John's office... With a gun? This wasn't right. On Laura's monitor I saw her leave soon after the strange woman used John's phone to send a text. I watched as John started to kiss her. He looked panicked but a frightened Laura would never realise this. Laura walked in and as if in slow motion all her papers slid to the floor and a single tear slowly dripped down her face and straight onto the papers. I turned off the screens not needing to know what would happen. I slid my face into my hands and just sat there for a while.

*****

*Three years later*

Laura's P.O.V:

I got out of bed yawning and remembered my experience three years ago. I shuddered at the thought and moved to the small dresser that held everything I needed. I looked up at the shining bracelet and felt a pang of agony, then put it on slowly feeling the cool interior and a small divot. I took it off and looked at some small writing that I forgot about. 'Love is a moment that lasts forever'.