Three

Peter POV

I stood outside the restaurant Emma had texted us to go to in a group chat. It was a nice Chinese restaurant. I take in a deep breathe before exhaling and entering the place.

What wasn't so surprising is that I was the last one to show up. Emma's eyes left the menu and then met mine.

"Finally," The words escaped her lips, "Now that we're all here. We can order." She smiles.

I sit down next to Ned, we were in a booth. The girls on one side and the guys on the other side. I was sitting in front of Emma.

"Sorry I am late. My Aunt May needed my helping in fixing out printer." I lied.

Yes, I lied. I wasn't helping Aunt May. No. There was some Spider-Man business to take care of. I was kind of hoping to run into Static, but I guess another time.

Emma shakes her head, "That's fine. Just figure out what you want and order." She still smiles.

I nod. Looking at the menu to figure out what I'd like to eat until finally I made up my mind. As if on cue, the waitress arrives with a smile. The old Asian women had placed a glass of ice water down for me.

"Thank you, ma'am." I say.

"Are you ready to order?" The women asks.

Emma nods, "Shì de nǚshì." She smiles.

The older Asian women smiles, "Nǐ rènshì zhōngguó rén ma?"

Emma nods, "Duìle." Emma smiles, "I'd like to have the Sweet and Sour Chicken."

The women nods taking the order.

"I would like the Wonton Soup." MJ said.

Ned nods, "Same."

"Uh," I was still shocked from hearing Emma speak Chinese, "I would like the Orange Chicken."

The women nods after taking our order and walked off. I took a sip of my cold water and glanced at Emma, she was getting looks from Ned and MJ.

"What did you say and what did she say?" Ned asks.

"I first day 'yes ma'am', to her question. Then she asked that I know Chinese. To which I replied with that's right." Emma said.

MJ looks at Emma as she points her chopsticks at her, "And how did you learn Chinese?"

"My last school offered it," Emma admitted, "I kind of wanted to see if I could hold a conversation still. It's been a while."

I mess with my straw in my drink and look at Emma, "I thought it was cool."

All eyes shift to me. I see that Emma smiles.

"Thanks, Peter." She says.

After that, we just talked. Some of it was about our interests like movies, music, etc. Then some was about school. It went on until our meals arrived. Emma used some of her knowledge of the language and thanked the waitress.

It was nice. Being a teenager.

As we ate, it was mostly silent because we were so hungry. I kept glancing up to notice Emma and I would make eye contact. We would quickly turn away, and I swear she was blushing, but I could be wrong. Maybe it was the lighting.

After we ate out meal, we all paid for our own meal. As each of us paid for our meal and walked out, we all were saying goodbye.

"See you at school," Ned said, "Today was fun."

MJ nods, "Yeah. Next time we get tacos."

Emma smiles, "Alright."

I waves at my friends goodbye, MJ and Ned went one way and Emma went the same direction as me. At first we didn't speak, until Emma's hand brushed against mine.