Thirty

Emma POV

Its been four days. Four days since this all happened. I know I will have to return to school next Monday, after missing an entire week given the situation.

I had said my goodbyes to my mom and then was told that I was going to have my own place to stay while I was in school.

Pepper approached me before we going to this apartment, "All your things are already moved there."

I looked at Pepper, "All my things?"

Pepper nods, "And then some."

I gave her a confused look but said nothing as she motioned me to head to the car, to which I did. I got into the car and Happy shut the door afterwards. He got into the car and drove us back into the city.

From what I could see, people were slowly building themselves back up after everything that has happened. Sure the Central Park was a mess still from the fight, the fight I was apart of, but it was looking a bit better.

Finally we stopped at this large apartment building, a very expensive apartment complex. Happy opened the door and Pepper got out first before me. I followed the women out.

"Where are we?" I ask.

Pepper looks at me, "Home."

We entered the building. Including Happy. When I looked around, I noticed how expensive it was. The people living there seemed to be dressed far more better than me, I noticed some teenagers giving me a look with their Gucci bags. I mean it didn't help that I was wearing a really worn grey zip up hoodie, a white tanks, grey sweat pants, and black vans. All my other clothes were dirty from my travel, and the rest of my clothes were in this new apartment.

We reached an elevator, and Pepper pressed the button. We waited for the elevator and then it opened. There as a man inside. We stepped in.

"Which floor, ma'am?" The man asks.

Pepper smiles at him, "Top floor."

Top floor? Huh, given there were twenty floors, I had a room on the top floor. The man nods and pressed the twenty button. The doors shut and the elevator proceed to move. It was silent. The ride up that is. When we finally reached the top floor, the doors opened and the man held them open for us as we got out.

Pepper led the way to this apartment. But I noticed that there wasn't many rooms up here. There was two doors on either side of the hallway.

"Um-?" I pointed at both doors.

Pepper turns to me, "Oh the one on the right is Tony's other flat for when he comes into the city. I use it sometimes too."

I nod as she had pointed at the right door. Then she motions to the left door with a smile on her face.

"Now this one is all yours." Pepper said.

Pepper opened the door with a key and then moved to the side to let me enter. When I stepped in, I saw how large it was. I looked around, the living room and kitchen connected. In the kitchen there were stairs leading to an upstairs.

"What's upstairs?" I ask.

Pepper smiles still, "Your room, a bathroom, and a guest room if your mom can come visit." Pepper said, "Also there is a bathroom down the hall."

Pepper motioned pass the stairs. And by that bathroom was a closet.

"Fridge is already stocked with food." Pepper said, "However, Tony mentioned that if you need anything to give you this."

Then Pepper hands me a credit card.

"Oh I- I can't accept this." I say.

Pepper nods, "That it," She said, "I am certain Tony would be angry if you didn't."