Nine

Emma POV

I went into the kitchen that morning. I had been dressed and ready to head out for school, but wanted to grab something to eat before leaving.

I poured myself a glass of orange juice and took a cookie to snack on. I took a sip of the juice and then heard the bedroom door open of my parent's room. Stepping out was my mom.

"Oh, good morning, Em." My mom said.

I just nod, "Morning."

She walks over, "Look. I am sorry I've been buried in my work at the hospital."

I shake my head, "Whatever."

"Emma, please let me explain myself." She said.

I didn't seem to notice my dad stepping out of his bedroom as well. He was never around that I wasn't even surprised I didn't hear or see him.

"Explain what? That you haven't been around? I got some amazing news that I'd like to tell you but you're never around." I say.

"I am here now," She says.

I shake my head, "Until you leave again for long hours at work."

"Hey," I look to finally notice my dad, "That is no way to address your mother."

I frown.

"We've been working hard for you and this family," He says, "The least you can do is stop being a brat around things. Things aren't ideal, we get it but toughen up."

I glare at his direction, "But no call. No text messages. It's like I don't even have parents-!"

"We make sacrifices for the family," He said.

I shake my head, "Forget it. I'm going to school."

"We aren't done with his conversation young lady." He said.

I turn to him, "Oh yeah- whatever. I'll see you too later, because we both know you won't be home when I get home." I say and then left the apartment.

I walk down the apartment building stairs and exit the complex. I walked down a few blocks until I arrived at the train station. The second I got to the train station, I noticed a text message.

It was from Peter. Apparently there was a guy stealing a women's purse near his place so he won't be taking the train, and he'll meet me at school.

I grown. I reach for my MP3 player and put my earbuds in. I listened to I'm Still Standing by Sir Elton John. I scroll through my phone as I waited for the train to arrive, upon arrival, I stepped in.

For once there was an empty seat, so I decided to sit and look out the window as the train left the station to head in the direction of school.

Peter POV

I somehow managed to arrive to school before the tardy bell rang. I entered the building to find Ned heading to our first period class.

"Thought you'd be late." Ned said.

"I almost was," I said.

We stepped into our Spanish class, we both found our seats as we waited for morning announcements.

"Well where were you?" I heard Ned asks, "I was getting worried but Emma said you texted mentioned running late?"

I realized that I use to text all the Spider-Man stuff to Ned, but since Emma knows about my other identity and I know hers, I just subconsciously messaged her.

I rub my hand on the back of my neck, "Yeah- my alarm block," I lied.

Ned rolls his eyes, "Uh huh." He leans close, "I know your lying so no one hears about your Spider-Man life."