Six

Peter POV

Ned was over. We were having a sleepover of some sorts. He had brought over a LEGO set of the Millennium Falcon.

"Jeez, I just- I just cannot believe you! My best friend fighting along side another superhero!" Ned went on.

I shake my head. It was a few days since Emma was given a new suit. We had been captured in the news stopping some minor crime, but Warlord hasn't been seen nor the same tech we faced prior.

"I mean she looks so pretty!" Ned continues.

I turn to her, "She's- uh alright." I say.

I don't want to blow Emma's identity there. I know what's its like to keep it a secret. Ned will have to understand. The same with Aunt May.

I seemed to have zoned out when I saw Ned snap his fingers in front of my face. I returned to reality after being lost in my own thoughts.

"So uh- has Static ever told you her identity?" Ned asks.

I frown, "Even if she does, I promised to keep it a secret." I see Ned frown, "I'm sorry Ned. It's not my secret to tell."

Ned shrugs, "That's cool. I guess. I- I thought it would be cool if I knew her identity and then I could totally become the guy in the chair."

I shake my head, "You aren't the guy in the chair." I say.

I couldn't believe he was bringing that back up after a year of trying to make that a thing. I just shake my head every time Ned tried to say how brilliant of the idea would be.

I glanced at my phone seeing that Emma sent me a text. She was saying how she went on patrol earlier and finished up, she didn't see anything. No Warlord.

Emma POV

I see that Peter saw my messages and were replying to them. I put my phone in my pocket as I left the comfort of my room to get some food.

My mom was washing dishes in the kitchen, she didn't have work tonight. Which was an odd change. I open the fridge and pull out a pudding cup and then reached for a spoon.

"Em," My mom said, "Your dad is picking up dinner. He is on his way home, so don't get full."

I sit down at our dinner table, "Oh yes cause pudding is going to fill me up." I joked with a small smile.

"Smart ass," My mom said.

I take a spoonful of pudding and put it in my mouth.

"So," My mom starts, "Your father mentioned you brought a boy over recently. He helped with unpacking."

I nod, "Uh- Yeah, my friend from school. He- uh Peter." I suddenly got nervous.

My mom eyes me, "Peter, huh?"

I poke my spoon into the pudding, "Yeah. He is a sweet guy." I say, "He and his friends that I'd like to think are my friends really have helped me adapt."

My mom smiles, "I'm glad."

Then I stand up, "And it was all thanks to my Star Wars shirt, mom."

She turns to me, "Really? You're going to continue with that."

I shrug, "I don't get the time to irritate you with teenage stuff since you're always working- since you and dad are always working." I frown.

My mom was drying off her hands and turns to fully face me, "Emma," She started, "I am sorry your father and I have been so absent lately. We want a good life for us here. And since the job your dad took is the reason we're here, he wants to be great."