Thirteen

Peter POV

Homecoming was getting closer and closer as the days went on. I kept telling myself that on homecoming I'll finally tell Emma how I feel.

I was by my locker and noticed Emma at her locker with MJ. Emma's smile made my heart skip a beat. Everything about her made me feel like I was on cloud nine. And despite everything she has been through, she can still smile and be happy.

"So I heard you and Emma went homecoming shopping last weekend?" Ned asks sneaking up on me.

I nod as I grabbed my math book, "Yeah. We got a dress and I treated her to some coffee."  I said.

Ned smiles, "Man I am so happy for you man." He said, "After the whole thing with Liz last year, I wasn't sure whether or not you'd find happiness again."

I give him a look, "Jeez thanks."

Ned shrugs, "Look it's not rocket science, Pete. You're not a very open person, and I am certain Emma has no clue about your real internship with Tony Stark."

I forgot, Ned was the only one who supposedly knows. Emma knows because she's Static, but Ned doesn't know her identity.

"See," Ned said, "I can see those gears working in that head of yours. You wondering how you can balance school, the internship, and a relationship."

I shake my head, "No, I'm not. I'm just wondering if she feels the same about me." Which is completely true.

I mean, we've spent so much time together we know so much about each other. I know she loves to read and even sing. I heard her singing as we were heading to the tower after school one day, and wow her voice is amazing. We share similar taste in movies. Also, we're both teenage superheroes.

Ned placed a hand on my shoulder, "Don't get worked up, Pete. She likes you. I mean look at her," Ned motions to her direction, "She's a beautiful girl who wants to hang out with you. She could have any guy and she wants you."

"Yeah but how do you know tha-," I was cut off.

"Dude," Ned looks at me like I'm clueless, "She said yes to go to homecoming with you. I think she has the same feelings for you as you have for her."

I look from Ned to where Emma was. She was laughing at something MJ had said. I mean, Ned had a point. She seemed to want to be around me a lot, and it seemed normal to the two of us.

"I just-," I frowned, "I just don't want anything bad to happen if we were to- you know, date."

Ned looks at me, "Well guess you might have to tell her your secret," He said, "Or else things might get a bit complicated."

If only you knew, Ned. If only you knew.

Emma POV

After sitting through my last period class, I quickly escaped to meet up with Peter. I found him by his locker, I ran over and poked him on the shoulder with a smile on my face.

"Hi," I smiled widely at him, "Ready for hardcore training with Wanda and Vision?"

I see Peter rub his neck, "If I survive this time," He shuts his locker, "Is it sad I miss training with Natasha?"

I shake my head, "Nope."

We walk out of the school. Like we do everyday. It was pretty normal. To anyone who saw us, saw two high school students heading home. Or maybe they saw a young couple in love, because we were sharing laughs and smiles.

"By the way," I started, "My mom wants so many photos of us together for homecoming."

I see Peter's face turn pink, "Oh- uh okay."