14.

"Who is this guy?" Stephanie asked when Espero showed a picture of Sam's boyfriend. He convinced her to give some pictures of him so he can send it to Stephanie to look for him. 

"Sam's boyfriend."

"And why do we need to look for him?" 

"She is pregnant with him." 

Her mouth formed an o-shaped, eyes seem to be owlish in surprise to find out that Sam is pregnant. "How long is is she pregnant?"

"Two months already. And she was so reckless, drinking so much for the last days without thinking any possibility she is pregnant. Now, she was worried for her baby. She doesn't know how to take care of it." Espero said, dismayed about the news. As having a strong love with kids, it was breaking his heart to know that the baby will be raise by a single mother if ever they won't find her boyfriend.

He knew what it feels to grow without father.

"I see. Why don't you take care of them? Anyway you are now living in the same roof, you look like  a couple." Stephanie teased and wanting for so long for her friend here to find his true love. She won't be staying here anyway because after the wedding she will be transferring to another place with her husband.

"What a crazy idea? Me? Take care of them? Are you nuts? It's not even mine." he retorted.

"But you just let her live inside your home. No rent at all." she reminded him. "You know if I were another person, I would definitely think of you two as a newly wed couple."

"Ugh, no way. She was so irresponsible. I only do that because I was sorry for her. And right now, she has a baby inside will make things hard for her." he complained.

"That's why you are there for her. You are her hope. You are an angel in disguise to help her." she exclaimed.

Espero wasn't amused by the fact that Stephanie seems to be excited over this. He wasn't enthusiastic as she was. 

"Whatever. Just find that guy for me, Steph. I'll be counting on you."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, of course. We do not want to see the baby growing up without its father, right?"

"You can act as a father for the mean time." she jokingly suggested.

"No thanks. That child is not mine for me to take care of." he declined. "Just find that guy for me, okay?"

And with that, he left. Stephanie looked over the picture one more time before giggling. She was thinking if Espero will stick to what he was saying about refusing to help Sam and her baby. This is going to be exciting.

In every part of pregnancy, there were some women who may experienced having throw ups in the morning. Sam wasn't amused that she needs to throw up every morning comes and feeling better in the afternoon. She can't be like this every morning especially she had work.

"It seems you are not fit to work with the situation you are dealing with." Espero said, assisting her back to her room after the throw up session inside the bathroom. 

"It's just it has this effect in morning only. Maybe I can asked for adjustment in work." 

"Are you sure you can do that?" he doubted. 

"I told you that I will be okay. I need to work hard especially for my baby. I need this baby to have him back." she said, noticing for the first time the small bump. It looked like as months passed, her bump is beginnning to get big.

Espero sighed. Like always, she is still stubborn. He can't do anything at all if she is persistent about this. "Okay then. Suite yourself. Just always be careful. You do not want to lose the baby." he reminded her.. Maybe he needed to add Sam on his watch list from now on until she gives birth. What happened last time was indeed terrifying and to think if she wasn't careful back then, she might lose the baby.

The school had permitted her to adjust her schedule until the time she can be able to give birth. Espero always watching out for her without her notice. He always reminded her to always eat on time, take a rest if ever she feels tired already and drink lots of water. Sam was thankful for his reminders. 

"How old is the baby inside?" another janitress asked her when it was their break time.

"Almost four months." she smiled. 

"Your bump is getting bigger." they noticed.

"Yes it is."

"Sir Espero always has his eyes on you. Always telling you this and that. He sounded like a husband. Are you sure he and you are just friends?" they asked, curious what really their relationship is. 

Sam nodded her head. "Yes, we are just friends. He had done so many good things to me. I'ms o thankful for him."

"Isn't Espero the father of your child?" they wondered. No one among them has any idea that Sam has still looking for her missing boyfriend. People began to noticed their closeness after the incident and always constant reminders of him about the doctor's order for her.

Sam quickly shook her head before this wrong belief spread out that Espero impregnated her. These old ladies sure like gossip. 

"No. Actually I do have a boyfriend. He is the father of this child. Sad to say, he was missing." she sadly said.

"Oh, what happened? That sucks. During this time, he should be stay beside you and watch over you. Not someone man doing the work for him." 

"Agree." one of the staff said. "If I will choose between them, I will definitely choose Sir Espero. Just look at him. So responsible and a husband material. Not only that, he is a good looking man and has a good personality and likes kids." 

Looks like all of them were swooned over Espero's charms. They were so right about to choose a decent guy.If she will compare Espero to her boyfriend, she hated to admit that Espero was better than him. Espero was a complete package like everyone said.

Break time was over and soon all of them went to their designation to start cleaning up. Sam waited for Espero to finish his class to helped him clean the classroom. 

The bell finally rang and children started to run towards their parents. Sam gave way to them but one kid accidentally pushed her out of excitement and she lost her balance. Everything fell to the floor and the only thing she remembered was her baby. 

"Sam!" Espero hurriedly went to her side. "What happened? Are you--Oh no! Y-You're bleeding!" Espero pointed out the blood that was flowing down on her legs. This made Sam shrieked in terror asking him what was happening to her.

"Relax! We will take you to the hospital." Espero asked some kids to call some help and they did. One parent volunteer to help them to send them to the hospital.

"Espero, am I going to lose my baby? It won't stop." she cried, anxiety raising up. For the first time, she was scared to lose the baby contrary what she said before about aborting it.

"No, you're not going to lose your baby, Sam. I won't let it happened." he assured her.

His words gave her encouragement to stay strong and believe that she and her baby will be okay.