EPILOGUE

I'll say good-bye for the two of us
Tonight while you're asleep
I'll kiss you softly one last time
And say good-bye like I know we must
There's just no other way
And I couldn't bear to see your heart break
So, I'll wait 'til you're asleep to say good-bye
Please realize
How hard it is to do this

"Ben stop hitting the notes so high!" Stephanie said. But Ben didn't care. He will sing even when he was drunk and out of tune already.

"Aww, Steph, don't be a kill joy, okay? One more time.." he said. 

"Atleast let me sing, damn it!" she annoyingly said.

Espero laughed at them, finding them so stupid and fighting like kids about who will sing this time. It took 8 years for Stephanie to visit him again and now she was having a time of her life to enjoy with him and with their new friend, Ben. Who would have thought that Ben and Stephanie will get along well?

Yes, it was 8 years already passed ever since Sam and Hope left for Singapore. He thought he can't survive without her but 8 years and still he stood tall, strong as ever. He wondered too sometimes if Sam and Hope were doing well. He remembered that Hope was already 11 years old. 

"Let me choose a song, Ben!" Stephanie said.

"How about this song? Don't Say Goodbye?" Ben asked, suggesting the song for her.

"Why do we need to sing a sad love song? And why does these songs perfectly described Espero's love life?" 

"Hey, I heard that!" 

"It's just a song, duh?" Ben rolled his eyes. "Besides, it's been 8 years already."

"You're right. It's been 8 years now. I moved on." Espero said. 

"Do you still have news about them, Espero?" Stephanie wondered. They never talked about since Sam left.

He shook his head. "I did not attempt to contact them. If I wanted to move on, I should cut off any contacts with them."

"And a little love with that assistant teach-"

"Oops, I  got a call. Wait for me, guys, Be right back."

Espero answered the call and he was asked to wait at the entrance of the amusement park where their karaoke nearby.

He just stood there, counting how may people passed by, waiting for that person to come. The air is getting chilly and soon Christmas will come. He thought what Christmas gifts he will buy for his friends, nephews and nieces.

"Ouch." someone slipped and fell to his side that Espero rushed over to help the little boy. 

"Are you okay, kid?" he asked as he helped the boy to stand up. 

"I'm okay, Thanks Mister." the boy said, smiling showing off his missing tooth.

"Be careful okay?" he said, ruffling his hair. Weird, this kid looks familiar., he thought.

"Ace, what are you doing? Are you okay?"  Someone ran by to see him if the little boy was hurt. It must be his elder sister. The girl stopped on her tracks and he can't believe what he was seeing. It's been 8 years and never had he thought to see his little girl again.

"Pa--"

"Hope! Ace!" His heart pounded to see someone familiar with him. She was shocked to see him again and never thought that their paths will cross again. 

"Espero?"

"Sa.."

"Espero!" someone called him out. They  looked to that someone who was shouting his name. She panted on her way to Espero and linked her arms to his for support. Espero giggled and flicked her forehead for coming out late.

"Let's go." he said to her and she nodded. Espero take one last look at them. It was funny that she was pregnant with her third child like the first time they met. If they happen to be with each other today, he could be the father of her child.

But letting her go was a great decision he made. 

He smiled at them, acting like he didn't know them. "Be careful, kid. " Espero said to the little boy and winked at him. Espero and Sam made one last eye contact before they turned their backs to them.

"Hey, is that.."

"Shh, we're over." He assured her and kissed her forehead as they made their way back to the karaoke with Stephanie and Ben.

Espero head Jace's voice behind them. Espero looked at them once again and if smiled. It's been 8 years since then. 

Dear Sam, 

              You're right. When we meet again, you want me to be with someone else who deserves my love. I found her, Sam. And guess what we are getting married next year. Thank you for everything. You will always have a special place in my heart. 'Til next time and please send my regards to your kids especially to my little girl. I hope we are happy with everything we have now because I'm happy with her. 

                                                                                                                                                                 Yours truly,
                                                                                                                                                                 Espero Jung 

--

end.