34.

Sam was finally free from Espero. He was letting her go and be with someone she truly loves. She can't help but to went and cry out loud to Jace and told him everything that they are done. They are over now. 

Jace was sorry and comforted her until she finally calm down, still processing what happened after their last date. If only she knew that it will turn into this maybe it would be better to lie than to tell him the truth. She was just guilty for ending this way. 

"So what are your plans now that you two are over?" he asked. Though, he was expecting this but he never knew this will happen so fast. He was also feeling guilty too for what he did just because they still love each other. 

"I really don't know. It feels like deja vu but this time he broke up with me." 

Jace pulled her into a hug as she cried again. "Shh, don't cry. Don't blame yourself for what happened."

"I wish I just move on from you but I can't. I still love you Jace. Maybe if you didn't come back maybe we are still happy today. You just made me realize how I still love you after what happened to us." Sam finally confessed her true feelings for him. 

He should be happy but it was too impossible to rejoice due to complicated situation. Sam also told Jace about his odd request and he allow her to stay with Espero until then. She was deciding too if coming with him to the Singapore would be a great idea but leaving Espero behind seems so hard to do so. 

How can she enjoy her time in Singapore when he was here, suffering from a heartbreak just because of them?  Who would look out for Espero when she leaveS? Who would take care of him?So many question flooding on her mind that Espero hasn't give any assurance about him what will happen to him when they are now over.

Sam still return to his home and as always Espero will show his bright and painful smile. They still talk together, eat together and spend time Hope together as if she will never leave. Probably, he assumed that she will be joining with Jace together with Hope. Probably, he just wanted to enjoy every moments that they still had. 

What he was doing was really painful for the both of them, still pretending that they are still into each other. 

Espero went to read Hope's bedtime story like their night routine for her. He read her favorite bedtime story and  heard it many times but she still likes it. 

"And they live happily ever after. The end." Then Espero closed the book. Hope yawned and he was ready to put her for sleep.

"Thanks for reading me a bedtime story, Papa." 

"Always welcome." He kissed her forehead.

"Papa, Mama said we are going for a vacation with Dada in Singapore." Hope said before he can leave her room.

So, she already decided then. he thought. He shook off that thought and must be expecting to happen. In a few days, they will be leaving for Singapore and he will be left alone.

"I hope you are going to enjoy your vacation there, Hope." Espero said. "I'm going to miss you." 

"Why are not joining with us, Papa?" Hope wondered. 

"Papa is super busy. Enjoy your vacation without me, Hope. Always remember that Papa loves you. Wherever you are, I will always remember you, okay?"

"Papa, why it feels that we are not going back? I don't want to leave you here." 

The kid is smart, he thought. At her young age, she can sense that this might be their last time to to be together and maybe to be like this. But he can't just go and spill the truth that indeed they will not be going back here anymore and they won't be seeing each other again. 

"Like the old saying, live as it it's your last day. I just want you to know that Papa loves you." He said.

"I love you too, Papa." Hope went to embrace Espero, wrapping her tiny arms into his neck. He stopped himself from crying and just enjoy the moment with her because they won't be doing this once they leave.

Sam was there behind Hope's door and witnesses everything. Is leaving Espero behind a great idea just to be with someone she truly loves? 

 Espero contacted Jace and wanted to talk to him. 

Jace agreed and will meet in their house this afternoon. Sam and Hope were out to prepare their things for their vacation. It's just a matter of time and he will realise that the day they depart will be the last day he will see Sam and Hope.

"Time sure flies so fast. You're leaving already." Espero said when he offered him some juice and cupcakes.

"I know. How is everything here?" he asked.

"Still pretending we are still together. Hope doesn't know that you are leaving for good. Sam must have said that you are just going for a vacation." he chuckled, taking it so lightly. "How about you? Have you been treating her right? I'm sorry if she has still to stay with me. I just want to create more memories with her." 

"I'm sorry too." Jace apologised. "I felt guilty for ending this way between you."

"Don't be. You were right. She just love me because she needed me that time. I thought she move on but looked like she wasn't at all. Atleast, I know what to do. Maybe we are really not meant to be." He sadly said as he looked over to his cup.

"Espero thank you for everything. Don't worry, I will take good care of her and Hope. I won't make her cry and will be a better person for her so she won't regret loving me again. I hope you can find someone else and love her like how you love Sam."

Espero nodded his head in understanding. This maybe hard for him but he was right. Maybe Sam isn't the one for him. Atleast, he got a chance to love her and love him too. It was indeed a wonderful and painful experience to love a person that wasn't meant to be with you. 

But he will not regret letting go Sam. He's happy that Sam was happy with Jace, the one she truly loves. 

--

end is near. almost done. pheww.