32.

Jace went to pay a visit again to spend his remaining days with Hope. He wanted to make sure that Hope enjoyed her short days with him before he leaves for good. 

He brought presents and chocolates for her, spoiling her before he cannot do this anymore. When he knocked the door, he was surprised that Espero was the one who opened it instead of Sam. 

It seems he was down at this moment.

"Hello." Jace greeted, put a smile to his face but it looked awkward. "Is Sam there?" 

"I'm sorry but she needs to help Ben on his shop. She will be coming back later." Espero said, widening the door for him to enter.

Espero asked Jace to wait as he called Hope but Jace stopped him first and wanted to have a talk with him. 

"I'm sorry for causing trouble with you guys. Sorry if I say something that troubled you." Jace apologised. He has been thinking about this that if he wanted to have a fresh start in Singapore, he must to do the right thing. He wanted to ask for forgiveness to Espero for threatening him.

"I-It's okay. I'm sorry too for what happened before. I'm sorry about the letter."

"I know. If I were in your place, I would do the same."

"I heard about your plans. You're planning to leave for career?"

Jace nodded his head. "Yes, for good. As for Hope, I'll be paying her a visit sometimes. I want to tell her now that I will be leaving her." he sadly said.

"That's too bad, Jace. I don't want Hope to grow up without her father." 

"What are you saying? Aren't you her father now? I'm sure you're going to take care of her and Sam as a favor for me. Both of them are our everything so I'm entrusting you this that you will make them happy. I failed to do my part because I left instead fixing our problem. I'm just so glad you came and became their pillar. " 

Jace reached his hand for him and Espero gladly take and shake it firmly. Jace just wanted to spend his remaining days without holding any anger anymore to him. 

"Dada will weaving me now?" Hope asked, devastated with the news that Jace will leaving for Singapore. "Can  you just staw with us, Dada?" 

"I'm sorry baby." he said, trying not to cry in front of his child.

"I wanna go with you, Dada." she said, crying hard to his chest as Espero watched them in a corner. 

"Shh, it's okay. How much Dada wants you to come with me but I cannot do that. You have to stay here with Mama and Papa, okay? Be a good girl when I leave. I promise that I will keep in touch with you." Jace kissed her forehead and cradled her to his arms. 

"I wanna go with you." she whined. 

Espero was saddened by this scene. It hurts to see Hope crying out loud, asking her father not to leave her. He experienced the same thing when he was young that his father suddenly left after he begged not to leave them. He grew up without a father and seeing this scene that Jace will leave his daughter was painful. 

Even when he knew that Espero can fulfil the role as Hope's father, there was nothing to compare to let your real father takes care of you and see you grow up. No one noticed how he grew up except for his aunt who took care of him the most. He was thankful for her sacrifices but it was nothing compared with the love of parents.

"Pwease stay." she begged as the two men sadly looked into each other not knowing how to make situation lighter for Hope.

Their playtime was cut short because Hope fell alseep after crying for hours. Espero quietly send him to the gates and neither of them said anything during that time. 

"Thanks for letting me stay again in your house." Jace said, forcing himself to smile. 

"You can always come here. Spend more time with Hope before you leave." Espero advised.

"I will definitely do that. Time flew so fast that it was fated for me to leave again for good." 

"Hope never cried that hard. She was really devastated with your news." 

"I know.  There is nothing else I can do about it. I'm sure you can take care of Hope in behalf of me." Jace said, opening the car door. "But this is for  their own good, Espero. I think this might be the right time for me to move on and forget about Sam. You want that, right?"

Of course, Espero wanted that to happen. But he just realised neither of them hasn't moved on from each other. He felt bad about them and about himself. It felt he was the hindrance to their relationship.

"If I tell you that she still love you, what will you do?" Espero asked. Jace was kind of surprised with that. 

"What makes you say that?" he asked.

"We just talked about this. She said she hasn't move on from you." he confessed. "You still love her, right?"

Jace nodded his head. "I do. Still love her. If I can rewind time, I will never leave her and sort things out. I regretted acted like a jerk and left her. It was a stupid move." 

Espero placed his hand on his shoulder and smiled sadly at him. "Listen, if time can't rewind it then let me do it. Make things right again. You're not moving on or forgetting Sam. I will be the one to do it."