21

"You accepted his proposal?"  Ben can't believe what he was hearing. Sam was engaged with Espero and he was surprised and yet happy for her. "Congratulations then. I'm so happy for you." 

"Thanks." she said. 

She can't believe too she was now engaged. It felt like it was too fast for this marriage thing and yet she accepted his proposal given by the right time for them. She was glad that Espero wasn't rushing things for this wedding. Who knows when will it happen? Maybe for the next two years? Three years? Five years?

Whatever, she scoffed. It doesn't matter when will that right time comes. Even if it took a decade, she was okay with it as long she was with him. 

"So, you're finally giving up waiting for your ex boyfriend." Ben said. "I'm just happy you finally move on from him. Espero is better than him anyway." 

"Yes, I'm just glad we met but.." she frowned, suddenly a thought popped out of nowhere.

"But what?" 

"But what if he comes back? What will I do?" 

"So what? You already move on from him, aren't you?" Ben asked, asking for her assurance if she was indeed moved on from her ex-boyfriend. Sam didn't answer and Ben just shook his head. "Sam, tell me the truth. Do you really love Espero?" 

"'Of course! I love him. He took care of me, accepted my situation and my baby and even acted like a father to my baby. I love him. " she immediately answered. What kind of question was that anyway?

"Do you genuinely love him? Or do you just love him because you need someone there for you and for your baby?" 

"What do you mean?" she narrowed her eyes at Ben, not liking his assumption about her love for Espero. "I love him."

"I hope you're telling the truth. I hope you really love him because you won't be worrying if ever your ex-boyfriend comes back. I'm sure you will do the right thing." he smiled.

Sam can't stop what thinking what Ben said. Of course, she loves Espero. No doubt about that. He makes her special, treat her right and nice and took the father role for Angel Hope. She was lucky to have him despite having a child with her ex-boyfriend. 

"Hey..."Espero called at her. "Are you okay?" he asked. Sam didn't realize that she was starring out of nothing while having dinner. 

"I'm okay." she smiled then continued to eat her dinner. "Are you saying something just now? Sorry if I'm spacing out. I'm just tired with all the housework and all."

"I'm sorry if I didn't help much in housework, love." Espero apologise, feeling bad that she had to be alone while he went to work. 

"Oh, don't be." She cupped her face and kissed his cheek. "It's okay, love. I know you are working hard for us. Don't worry too much." 

He let out a chuckle as they continue once again their dinner until he remembered that he was saying something. 

"By the way, Stephanie's wedding in two days." he reminded her. 

"Yes, I remember. I'm so happy for Stephanie." 

"Same. I wish we can marry soon too, love." he said. 

"Me too, love. I'm looking forward for that day to come. I want to be with you for the rest of your life together with Angel Hope." 

"I'm sure it's not only Angel Hope will be our child." he wiggled his brows to tease her that she just had to pinched his leg for teasing her. "We will make lots of babies." 

"I don't mind having more as long you are the father." Sam went for his cheek and pinched it softly then kissed it again. When he smiled, she went to poke it. How she really adored his smile and dimple so much that she remembered how she adored her ex-boyfriend's smile back then.

"You may now kiss the bride." the priest announced. Steph's groom raised her veil and kissed her lips which made everyone cheered for the newly wed couple. 

It was a beach party like what Stephanie always wanted if she will get married and now it finally happened. Espero was teary eyed with how happy his bestfriend is. 

Stephanie greeted and embrace the both of them and tickled the tummy of Angel Hope before she can said her thanks for coming over.

"Congrats, Steph." Sam said.

"Thank you, guys. I'm so happy today. I can't believe I'm married now." she raised her fingers and on the fourth finger was the wedding ring. "I'm a married woman now." she excitedly said. 

"I'm so happy for you. But sad because we won't be seeing often because you will be moving away." Espero said. As soon as after her wedding, she needed to go to States with her husband. It saddened her that she had to leave her bestfriend.

"Don't be sad. I will always update you, okay? Besides, you won't be lonely anymore." Stephanie eyed for Sam and her toddler that she giggled. "You have them with you now. I will come immediately when you guys decided when you will get married."

"We would like your presence there someday." Sam said with mixed emotion for Stephanie since she was a great friend and companion in a year they've been together. 

"I will definitely be there, guys." she promised. 

After a short greeting , Stephanie said her byes to greet the other guests and will probably be back to them afterwards. The couple decided to take a walk first together with Angel Hope who was now learning to walk. Together, they held her hands side by side.

Angel Hope kept giggling, getting amazed with everything on the beach. She was amazed with the sea, the sand, the shells, the palm trees and everything.  They weren't surprised at all since this was her first time to visit the beach. 

"I sure do want a beach wedding." Sam said as they watched Angel Hope picking some shells on the sand. 

"We can do that." Espero assured her, pulling her hand and intertwined into his. "If that will makes you happy, we'll wed in a beach someday." 

"I'm so happy I met you, love. I couldn't ask for more." she said, leaning her head to his shoulder. The sun was setting down and the sky looked lovely as always at sunset. 

"I love you." she whispered. 

"I love you too." he answered back, squeezing her hand and kissed her forehead. 

"I want to spend my days with you."

"I know."

"I want to make lot of babies with you."

He giggled. "I know."

"I want to grow old with you."

"Me too."

"I want to take care our grandchildren with you."

"Same here."

"I love you." she said once again, leaning closer to him that she can practically felt his breath. Before her lips can touched his lips, she already felt his warm lips touching to her. She loved his kisses just like how much she loved her ex-boyfriend's kisses before. 

Espero pulled apart and chuckled as he cupped her face. "How much I want to kiss you longer, I can't. We might lose Angel Hope."

"You're right." she agreed and went immediately to her baby and picked her up in her arms once more.