31.

"I know it's been hard for us." Jace started when they parked in a bay. The bright lampost and moon illuminated them to see their face clearly.  "I know you are having a hard time."

Sam sighed. Indeed she was. "I know."

"Maybe it would be better if I didn't go back. I didn't know that you are happy now with someone else. I think i ruined the good moment." 

Sam can't believe that Jace was acknowledging her feelings for Espero this time. Before, he was assuming about how she didn't want Espero and now he was saying that she was happy with her current lover. 

Hope was in a backseat and fell asleep in just 15 minutes ride. She sure was tired from playing around with the neighborhood kids.

"Tell me, what do you like about Espero?"

"Why?" she asked. 

"I'm assuming you don't like him just because you need him that time right? That would be unfair for him that you force yourself to love him."

"I didn't force myself to love him. I really want him!" she defended. Sam was getting tired being defensive and doubting her love for Espero.

Jace just smiled and ruffled her hair. "Atleast I know that you are going to be fine even without me." 

"What do you mean?"

"Sam, I'm leaving again, for good. I'm leaving for the next three months in Singapore for I have given an opportunity to work there." Jace said.

Sam was surprised with the news. It felt like he just come out of nowhere in the past months and now Jace was finally saying he will leaving and pursue his career in Singapore. She should be happy that finally Jace will leave them alone and everything will be back to normal--just her, Espero and Hope only.

"What about Hope?" she asked.

"Don't worry. I'll keep in touch with her. When the right time comes, please tell her the truth about me. I'm staying in Singapore for good and maybe pay a visit sometimes when I have time." 

"Why this is so sudden?" she sadly said. How much she wanted to return to normal, there was no doubt at all she enjoyed his presence in a short time even when she denied he was annoying and ruining the moment.

"I just came back to find you and take you with me in Singapore to start a new life with you. I was delighted to know too when I found out we have a child. That was supposed to be my plan but I do not want you to choose between me and Espero. I love you, Sam. I still do. But if you really want Espero, I won't forcing you to come with me."

Jace kissed her forehead and smiled at her lovingly. There was a sadness in his eyes and sincerity that he still loves her despite what happened to them before. Maybe if only she received the letter from him, maybe she was happy to be with him again. 

But it was different now. They can't be together again unless she will choose him over Espero. 

Isn't that harsh just to dump your current one over to your ex? If she love Espero, she won't be having this conflicted feelings about whom to choose. She won't hesitate at all to choose Espero. 

"I'm sorry if I have to leave you once again but this time for good. How much I wanted to join me and Hope, we know that it is impossible now because you love someone else. How I wish I was still your man."

Yes, how Sam still wishes that Jace was still her man.