30.

"I'm afraid to tell her about the letter, Steph." Espero confessed over the call. Only the two of them knew about the letter from Jace that he didn't give to Sam.

"Sooner Sam will know about the letter." Stephanie said. Everything was okay between them for three years and when she thought her ship finally sailed, here comes the iceberg to sank it. 

"How should I tell her? She will get mad at me for hiding it from her." he voiced out his worries. 

"Yeah, duh, she will get disappointed. But I'm sure you will be forgiven too. I mean, she finally moved on right from that Jace guy right? It doesn't matter anyway if ever that letter existed or not." 

He sighed. "Steph, Jace threatened me that he will make Sam love him again." 

"What the fck? That guy! The nerve to tell that when in the first place he left her alone instead to talked about their problem! Looks like I need to made my way there to whoop some ass!" Stephanie said angrily that Espero can hear her husband asking if she was arguing with someone or not. 

"Look if Sam really love you, she will still choose you with or without letter. Don't doubt her love for you, Espero. Do not threatened to that asshole's words. I'm sure you are better than him. Fight for your love." Stephanie advised. 

"Do you think so?" 

"Yep, trust her, okay? She loves you."

Espero finally said his goodbye, slightly felt confident that maybe Sam will choose him instead of Jace when time comes for them to choose from. To be honest, he already won since he have her and they love each other. 

Not even her asshole ex-boyfriend could get in their way. 

Espero is the present and will be her future. 

Sam was nervous. She send an e-mail secretly to Jace and wanted to meet with him to talk things outs between them. 

Like always, she will wait for him in their usual cafe and after few minutes of waiting, Jace finally arrived. 

He was planning to give her forehead kiss but she backed away quickly and gestured for him to sit down. 

"Don't worry about your order. I order the usual thing for you."

"Thank you. So, what do we need to talk about?"

"It's about us." 

"Okay then. What about us?" 

"I guess we should really end this thing between us. I want to clarify with you again that we are over. Though, I won't be forbidding you to see Hope because that is your as her father. But between us, we are over." she said, repeating the words we are over again and again to let him know the limits he has to take between them.

Neither of them said anything until their coffee arrived. Sam was about to leave but Jace wanted her to saty for he has something else to say more. 

"I don't believe that you don't love me anymore, Sam."

"Jace please, it's been 3 years already. I love someone else." she said. 

"So you are just going to waste our 5 year relationship just like that?"