21

people often look at the way i scribbled or how i am not only rough on the edges--i am rough all over--and said how could you love like this how can this is love

so i don't know. maybe they are right, maybe this not how someone supposed to love, maybe love is a standard procedure maybe love has rules and i have been playing on the wrong side all along.

maybe what i know about love is very little but if that is all wrong i don't know what is right. what i know about love is just because i am rough all over and i have poison and thorns beneath my skin as long as i keep the pain to myself i still can stand shoulder to shoulder with people. what i know about love is my mom went home with a box of chocolate biscuits i asked five years ago. what i know about love is when my friends found my scars and still want to hug me regardless. what i know about love is a little girl slipping a  flower into a soldier's gun, begging for some peace.

and what i know about love, what i know about it, is watching you sing and dance under the rain like it is some eighties musical play and makes fairytales a little bit believable. what i know about love is seeing you change your hair color a hundred times and make each of them tells a story. what i know about love is you recommending a bunch of songs and there is my favorite singer on the list.

and what i know about love, my sweet sweet gentleman, is waking up from nightmares and realize it is okay to have nightmares because the world still has you in it.

-- i hope you are okay with the way i love