twenty

I awkwardly stood next to my mom as we got a tour of her new house here in LA. It was on the outskirts of the city and about a 20-minute drive away from my apartment.

    I've been thinking about moving to an apartment in the city for a while now. It just doesn't feel right to live in Marina Del Rey. I mean I love that place. The beach just steps away.

"I absolutely love this place." Said, my mom, as we stood in the beautiful kitchen. The house was a good size. Two bedrooms... two baths. It was a good size for my mom to live alone... I wonder what it felt for her to live in our huge house in Vancouver without my dad around... I wonder what it would be like with him still here.

    My mom and I headed back to my apartment and bought some sushi for dinner.

    We watched Netflix in the living room with our plates of sushi and just chilled. My mom was my best friend. We are there for each other and we trust one of another.

"Are you going to be okay without me living here?" Asked my mom.

I smiled... "I should be fine, but I will severely miss you, so expect me over all the time."

"I would love that... how's Bryan?" She asked me and I paused.

"He's good actually... he's planning on coming over tonight."

"He will keep me company when you are gone," I added with a smile.

She smiled back, "I am glad."

Fast forward ——>

"Hey, babe." Said, Bryan, as he entered my apartment.

"Hey," I Said giving him a kiss on the lips as we headed to my bedroom to chill.

"So I saw Daniel chilling outside at the private seating area when I was heading over here." Said, Bryan, as we both sat on my bed.

"Oh... when will he ever not be here," I Said looking down at my hands in my lap.

"Even though you guys ended on a rough note... doesn't mean you should ignore him forever." Suggested Bryan as he rubbed my thigh. I looked up into his eyes and gave him a weak smile.

"You're right... I don't know when it will be the right time."

"Well... he's right next door." Said Bryan.

"Soon..."

    Bryan and I just chilled... talked... and watch Netflix on my laptop together.

"I should get going... it's getting late." Said, Bryan, as he yawned.

I looked into his eyes, "awe... okay." I said with a small giggle as we looked deeply into each other's eyes.

   His eyes were identical to Daniel's... I feel that's what caught me when I first met him. He reminds me too much of Daniel.

     He giggled along and leaned in to give me a kiss. I kissed him back and for some reason... Daniel hopped into my mind... Daniel...

    I stopped kissing back and Bryan slowly pulled away...

"Sorry did I do som-"

"No... no no... I just got distracted." I said softly.

"Okay... well goodnight." He Said as he kissed my cheek and then walked out of my room. I heard the front door close and I flopped my head back on my soft pillows and all I could think about is Daniel... just Daniel.

    Why did I just leave him... I could've stayed and explained. Not leave my best friend like that... my best friend? Who am I kidding...