twenty four

I sat by my self in my local Starbucks just looking at photos of Bryan and me... just trying to pry Daniel out of my head.

"Hey."

I jumped and instantly turned my phone off.

"Anna?" I asked as I saw her figure stand in front of me with a drink in her left hand.

"Ya... that's me." She said with a smile.

"I uh... I heard you were over last week to see Daniel." She started as she sat down across from me.

"Ya... sorry I didn't get a chance to say hi. I had to leave for dinner with my mom that night." I made an excuse.

"It's okay... I missed you though." Responded Anna...

"And the fight?"

"How... how do you know?" I Asked as I sunk in my chair.

"Siblings never hide anything."

"Look I am deeply sorry for walking out on him... I didn't want to make things worse after he talked about Bryan and he-"

"I know... cool down." She said sweetly.

"Sorry... it's been driving me crazy lately... I am all alone for a while and I just need to get it out of my head." I Said resting my head in the palm of my left hand.

"Glad to help you." She said resting her hand on my hand resting on the table to show me her trust.

"Thanks... I can always trust you... but some of these things I tell you... you can't tell Daniel."

"I promise."

Anna and I left Starbucks and decided to go to her apartment since she is home alone all day and the whole place will be for ourselves... so no encounters with Daniel.

"You decorated!" I Said as I admired her beautiful room.

"Yep... not quite done though... I am planning on....

Anna's voice slowly thinned away from my mind... I was distracted. I saw... I saw

"Aleea?" Asked Anna as she made me lose my trace of thoughts.

"We're not alone."

"What? What do you mean?" She asked lowering her voice.

"Daniel's here."

"I swear he's not... where?" She Asked looking around.

    I nudged her shoulder and nodded my head towards her window.

    You could see Daniel standing on the balcony... just staring off in the distance.

"I am so sorry Aleea... I thought he wasn't home."

"No... it's fine... I should get going though." I Responded as I grabbed my backpack.

"Let me come over... we can talk there."

"Uh... sure why not."

    Anna and I left the apartment silently and then headed next door to mine.

"He misses you." Anna instantly said as we entered my apartment.

"That's hard to believe after all that I've done to him," I Said as flopped on my couch... it was hard to believe

"He talks about you all time... even drifts out of conversations because you are stuck in his mind."

"Anna... I don't know if I should."

"Should what?"

"You know... my friendship with him... I already messed so much stuff up." I started.

"To be honest... he has always been stuck to my mind. It's hard to forget someone just like that... you know."

"I understand... you should talk to him."

"I just can't."

"Why not?" Asked Anna as she sat next to me.

"He has feelings for me... I just barely got over him... even during my relationship with Bryan, Daniel was still on my mind."

"So you don't want to end things with Bryan and also not make things awkward between you and Daniel?"

"Ya..."

"It's already getting around between you two... just go with who you truly love."

    The last thing that Anna said got me thinking...

Who do I love?