twenty six

I laid in my bed all alone... my mom recently moved into her new house and I am just about always alone here.

I turned over to pick up my phone and unlocked it... not sure why I picked it up so I just fidget around with my phone. I landed in my photo album and I decided to look through my old pictures...

I came across a photo of Daniel and I sitting in the sunset... his arms were wrapped around my waist...

Flashback...

"Got anyone special?" Asked Daniel as he scooted closer to me on this warm summer night.

"Noooooooooo," I Said smirking.

"You're lying." He Responded with a laugh.

"Fine! I like someone but that's a secret." I Said giggling.

"That is such a middle school move... tell me who." Demanded Daniel

I couldn't tell him...

"I will tell you soon," I Said with a smile.

"Promise?"

"I promise," I Said giggling as we crossed pinkys

"Let's take a photo." Said, Daniel, as he grabbed his phone... pulled up the camera... grasped his arm around my waist tightly...

End of flashback...

"I liked him... I liked Daniel." I Said to myself. I slipped a tear and then turned off my phone.

I didn't know Daniel liked me back at the time. If only I accepted that back then... what would life be like right now?

*ding*

I checked my phone for the message... Bryan.

"Can I come over? I need to talk to you."

My stomach turned...

I replied, "Sure."

Fast forward...

"Hey." Said, Bryan, as I opened my front door.

"Hey..." I paused, "wanna come in?" I Asked moving out of the way.

"Ya."

The two of us walked in a few steps and we paused between the kitchen and the living room.

"Aleea... I love you..." he started. He sounded nervous.

"I- I love you too." I struggled to say.

"But... I can't continue this relationship with you."

What Bryan just said broke my heart and my eyes began to water... everything he has done for me... all the times he was here to comfort me and keep me company when I needed it most.

"Oh... okay," I Said bringing my voice down.

"I am sorry... it's just that I think we will be better off with other people."

A tear or two slipped down my cheek and he wiped them away with his thumb.

"I am sorry for not being the right girlfriend for you..."

"No... you were perfect... a dream girl... but I am just not good enough for you." Explained Bryan. What does he mean?

"What made you think that?" I Asked.

"You always talk about Daniel-"

"That's why?" I cut him off... crying even more.

"Talk to him about it... he's perfect for you." Said, Bryan, as he pulled me in a tight hug. Did I screw up our relationship because of Daniel?