twenty one

I sat on my balcony and read a fashion magazine to pass time. There was a light breeze that would blow my hair behind my shoulders and I could hear the calming movements of the water.

"I am heading to my job interview." Said my mom with a smile as she walked out on the balcony.

"Okay... see you for dinner," I Said as I got up to hug her.

"Love you," I Said before she left.

"Love you too."

    I spend some of my hours of being alone by going to the gym and then heading home to dress up for dinner.

    I was wearing a pair of long olive green pants with a bow in the front along with a white cropped cami for my top. I buckled on some black strap heels and then stood in front of my mirror. I pushed some of my hair behind my right ear as my hair was resting in a voluminous middle part. My makeup was natural as always...

    I waited on the couch for my mom to get home which seemed longer than I thought.

    My phone rang which made me jump a little.

"Hey I am stuck in traffic... expect a delay." I saw my mom's text. I huffed and then turned off my phone and laid my head back on the cushions.

I was looking around the room and then my eyes stopped right about the fireplace mantel. There laid Daniel's book. You're probably thinking... a book? Well, it's more than just that.

It's actually the book Daniel and I read together on the swings back in Vancouver while we were kids. Before he knew who I really was... he brought the book over so he could read it to me. He told me the past of the book and also why there was a jelly stain on the first page.

I let him read that book to me on my apartment balcony as the sunset on the horizon. The breeze blowing my hair around as he read every word softly. I miss that...

I was blankly minded from the book until I got shivers down my spine.

I need to see Daniel.