Chapter 14

I see Zander staring back at me with his beautiful and unique eyes.

   "What are you doing here?" I ask.

   "It's been a while, Y/N." He said.

   "I'll ask again. What are you doing here?" I asked irritated.

   "Since I don't have much time on my hands. I'll just cut to the chase. I came to answer the questions you have been so eagerly to ask me." He replied.

   "Is that so. All of my questions?"

   "All of them."

   "But we mustn't talk here. We should go somewhere with more privacy."

   We arrived at the library for some strange reason. I wasn't complaining I just thought that it was weird seeing Zander show up out no where and tell me that he's finally going to answer my questions. It's not everyday that something like this happens.

   We sit down on one of tables.

   "What's going to happen in the near future that can put a lot of people in danger?" I asked

   "Many centuries ago your ancestor made a deal with something that wasn't human. It was a demon, but it wasn't just any demon; it was the most strongest demon that had ever walked hell. I don't know for sure what happened, but your ancestor broke the contract and that angered the demon. He has been trying to kill humanity ever since and he will try once more, but you must stop him. "

   "Why can't you?"

   "Because I already stopped him once and I used up too much of my power. I'm no longer able to fight him. If I do. I'll die."

   "Why weren't you able to tell me earlier?"

   "Because I was trying to figure out more information about the contract, but I couldn't."

    "Uuumm . . . Okay. . . Let me just process this through my head."

    "I know it may be a lot to take in, but we don't have much time left to train you. You need to learn how to control your powers."

   Those were his last words before he fainted from exhaustion. I called out for Sebastian and he took him to one of the guest rooms. I just sat there with my head down on the table. Not believing anything that he just said. It didn't feel real. Nothing felt real. All I wanted was to go home and go back to my normal life, but I knew that there was nothing that I can do to go back; not until I defeat this demon.

   I fell asleep on the table and woke up the next morning. My neck was sore and thought that everything that happened the other day was a dream. It wasn't. I groan in irritation. "Why can't I just go home?" I thought.

   I get up and start heading towards my room. I arrive and change into fresh clothes. I go outside and lay down in the grass. I was finally thinking about ways to defeat the demon, until I heard an explosion.

   I jolt right up and face towards where the sound was coming from. "Not again." I thought. "Why can't it ever be peaceful and quiet for once."I thought aloud.

   "Because the world is never peaceful and quiet." A voice said.

   I quickly turn and realize it was Zander. "Don't sneak up on me like that."

   "Sorry." He smiles.

   "What are you doing here." I asked

   "Just checking up on you." He replied.

   "Shouldn't it be the other way around? You were the one who passed out yesterday."

   "Then why didn't you check up on me?"

   "You got me there." I smile anxiously.

I'm sorry. I didn't update in like forever. 🙁Many things have happened during the past month and it's been keeping me busy.😣 Not only that, but I've had to take many tests at school since the school year is about to end.😣 But once the school year does end I'll be able to update more. 😁

Farewell