#9 Chapter || New home?

" Layla

" Layla.. please take a seat"

Nononononoooo...

" Now!" Mr. angry Evans demanded and I took a seat in front of him.......

....... and Tylor.

The someone I wished to forget and never see again.

" Tylor Tomas is a new employee. Be kind, show him around and teach him how to do this job. Understood?" Mr. Evans stared at me intensely.

" Yes, sure Mr. Evans"

I made my way out of his office with Tylor trailing behind me like a lost puppy.

I showed him how work had to be done without even glancing at him but I could feel his intense gaze on me the whole time.

After showing him everything, I finished my shift and made my way back home.. or should I say hotel.

I unlocked the door and went to the bathroom when my phone buzzed. There was a message from an unknown number and I let out a gasp once I read it.

Dear fucking Layla,

You can't always hide from me. I know where you are. What you do.
Once I get you there wont be an escape.
Be prepared. You deserve a punishment you asshole.

- x

What the friggin hell? Who send that?

Was it my Uncle?

I didn't want him to find me. What if he would take me home again? Make me his lifetime slave?

I couldn't handle that at all. I was frightened and didn't knew what to do next.

I had troubles with sleeping that night, but once my eyes dropped close and the darkness engulfed me, the spotlights turned on and the nightmares stepped onto the stage with graceful steps, knowing exactly what they were about to perform next.

I hated them with full passion.

***

The next few days went by blurry. I went to school and afterwards to work.

Always the same routine.

After my first payment I went to search for cheap apartments.

I went to different apartments but every single one didn't want me.

Soon I stood in front of the last apartment I found. The only thing that worried me was that I would have to share this with someone.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

What I did expect was the door to be opened but what took me by surprise was who did that.

Because at the door was standing the one and only... no not Tyler, phu.

But the one and only Mr. Evans. My boss.

I guess he didn't expected me either because he was staring at me with a baffled expression.

" What are you doing here?"

" Well I actually came for the apartment but I guess I saw enough... so... bye, sorry for interrupting you"

" Wait" He stepped forward.

" I really need someone to live here.. why don't you come in?"

I stared at him in shock. Really?

" Ehm.. yeah okey" Mumbling I then stepped into the apartment wich was really modern and huge. I guess everything he owned was huge.
( Hehe.... )

He showed me around and told me the most important things about the building.

" I guess it's a really good offer.. but you're my boss sooo.. isn't it weird?"

" No. Not at all" He stepped closer and I could smell his heavenly cologne.

" I want you to live with me" His raspy voice was so sexy. All I could do was stare him in the eyes.

I traced a finger from his shoulder down to his chest and heard him inhaling deeply. I liked that control so I leaned over to him.

" I guess we will be door neighbors then"
And with that I signed the contract and stepped out of the house.

***

It was moving in day.

That meant new home... and new rules.

I didn't have much so I just took my bag and went to his apartment. After knocking he opened the door for me.

" Hey Layla"

" Hey boss"

" Okay.. first rule already... in this apartment.. or should I say in our non-work time we are kinda friends okay? No boss and employee relationship then!" He glared at me desperately.

" Ay ay boss... I mean friend" I nudged his shoulder playfully and followed him into the kitchen. He strode straight to the fridge and tore it open.

Poor fridge.

" The left side is your side.. the right is mine..  we go grocery shopping together but I don't want you to eat my stuff"

" And what if I do?" I crossed my arms and looked at him challenging.

" Then you'll get a punishment" Something weird sparkled in his eyes... was it lust?

" I get it"

" Now bring your luggage into your room, is it still downstairs?"

" Ehm no.. I actually have it here"

He eyed my bag pack and started laughing. I never saw him laughing that much and I stared at him mesmerized by his beauty.

" Haha are you... are you kidding me right? " He said while trying to contain his laughter.

" No... what's wrong with that?" I was actually serious because I wished I had more stuff.

His laughter died too and he looked rather confused and concerned now.

He approached me with long but lazy strides and trapped me between the kitchen counter.

His hand came up to my face and touched my cheek as it would break any minute. His skin left a warm trace and a good feeling in my heart.

He touched exactly the place where my uncle would slap me and that thought instantly made me flinch away from his hand.

His eyes held concern and something else I couldn't exactly recognize.

But what he said next made me speechless.

" Who did this? And what did that person do to you?"

***

Hy there,

Another Update... This chapter is dedicated to unlucky_potato_0109 Thank you so much for reading and giving me advice❤️

- Moendli02🌙