Chapter 18

Sofia's POV.

We're on our way to our house right now. The feint sound of Fifth Harmony song is what you can only hear inside the car. Alex and Xander are quiet, siguro naffeel nila na I'm not in the mood to talk. They just enjoyed the song and  hum in it pag ang awkward na ng silence. I  looked through the window and think about what happened kanina.

The looked in Summers eyes when she saw Avery is the death of me.. She looked at her like she's her strength, like shes her angel. Like she's safety. How those brown eyes light up nang makita nya lang eto. My heart broke into a million of pieces to witnessed that moment.

My blood boil just thinking Summer falling in love with another girl or any girl that making her smile that is not me. 

It saddened me more thinking of our situation right now.

Maybe I rushed things between us. Dapat di ko nalang sinabi ung mga words na un kay Summer. Now, I ruined everything.

There's no word that can describe how I'm frustrated with myself right now.

The engine stopped in front of  a big gate and mala mansyong bahay.

Oh!

We're already at our house.

I lived  20 years in this house but still I can't call it HOME.

I'm a college student at gusto ko pang tumambay at matulog sa office kesa sa pamamahay na to.

I want to rent an apartment or kaht magdorm nalang but my Mom won't let me. Lahat ng galaw ko palagi nyang binabantayan simula ng malaman nya na  kami ni Summer. Hatid sundo ako palagi nun ng driver nya. She wanted to know na sinisunod ko lahat ng inuutos nya at di ko sya sinusuway.

Hanggang sa dumating nga ung gabing pinagsisihan ko. Yung nagbreak kami.

Nang malaman nyang nagpaUS si Summer after that night, she was the happiest. While ako, part of me died. I want to contact her and tell her to come back. Pero I'm too young and scared back then para suwayin ung utos ng Mom ko.

Unti unti kng naramdamn na may namumuong luha sa mata ko. I composed myself and try not to think those things.

I started to unbuckle my seatbelt at tumingin kay Alex para magpaalam na. Sana hindi sila nakahalata.

"Bye Xander and Lex, thank you for the ride" I said as I go out of the car.

"Just call me when you need me hah? I be right there. Goodnight fia!"

I nod at Alex at nagsimula na silang umalis.
Luckily, they didn't notice.

It's 1am and I'm sure all of them are asleep.

When I open our front door, bumngad saken ang nakakabinging katahimikan.

Dahan dahan akong pumunta sa kwarto ko ng bigla nalang bumakas ung pinto ng Master's bedroom at inuluwa nun si Mom.

Nagulat ako kase palagi namang wala siya dito dahil inaasikaso nya ung business. Anong nangyari bat nauwi to dito? I'm only used of the maids presence here.

Not her.

Umuuwi lang naman to pag umuwi sila Dad at Ate. Or pag may problema na naman na ikakasira ng imahe ng pamilya nato.

Like she always did.

"Finally you're here. I need to talk to you about something" seryoso netong sabi at gestured me to sit with her.

She didn't even hug me. Or ask me if how I'm doin. Like she didn't care at all.

It's 1am and she's still awake. Kung ano man sasabhin neto, alam kng importante eto kase di naman yan maghihintay ng ilang oras para malaman lang kung nakauwi ako.

I know she doesn't give a fuck about me.

I tried to impress her and ginawa ko lahat ng gusto nya para mapansin nya ung hard work ko pero puro kamalian ko lang ang pinapansin nya.

Si Dad at Ate Zoey lang naman ung may concern sa akin. Sadly, they're not here. Nasa Canada sila nag-aasikaso ng business at nag-aaral si Ate so I was the only one who was stuck with her.

So I just nod at her at sit in front of her, waiting to what she will say.

"Anak..... I saw you in a restaurant with a girl kanina. Was that Summer? Alam ko nagbago sya, pero I still remember that face."  she said disgusted just by talking to Summer.

Akalain mo naman, ang bilis nyang makahagalap ng balita. Kaya pala ito umuwi agad.

I just nod at her. I know what shes thinking. I don't care what she will say anymore.

I'm tired of her controlling my life.

"Are you two back together hah??! I told you to stay away with her! Shes not good for you!! What if she wants you back hah?! I don't want to see you with her again!!" Shes raising her voice this time. Pointing fingers at me.

I kept silent.

How I wish she wants me back.

"Do you hear me? I said ..." I cut her off and continue what she will say.

"Stay away from her! Shes not good for you!Mom, I'm tired of you saying that. I want her Mom. I love her. How can you not understand that!!? And to answer your question, NO! we are not together!! She doesn't want me back! Are you happy now? You ruined me Mom. I'm experiencing this things because of you!!" I said crying. I never raised my voice to her. Lahat ng frustrations ko kanina, nilabas ko ngayon and it felt good

I looked at her and she looked shocked in my sudden outburst. But still she regain her composure

"I can't understand you because that love is wrong!! I don't want you near with that freak. Focus on James, he's good for you" she said calmer this time about hearing that Summer doesnt want her anymore.

"I know it's wrong but she's my everything. She makes me happy. She knows me more compared to you Mom!!  I don't want to lose her. I don't love James!  I only see him as a friend. I will do everything to win Summers back, Mom. I don't want to follow you who knows nothing about her daughter but only cares about her image in front of many people and not with her daughter's happiness!!"

I felt a strong hand through my cheek.

She slapped me.

Di ko alam kung panu sya nakalapit sa akin.

Namumula na sya sa galit. This is the first time na nilabas ko lahat ng saloobin ko. And it felt good.

I stand up quickly and run to my room just to left her there.

I heard her say something pero di ko na yun pinakinggan.

Nang makarating ako sa kwarto ko, I dialled a number na alam ko makakatulong sa akin.

"Hello?" she answered sleepily.

I packed everything that I needed and told her what I want. Agad naman etong pumaya g at she's on her way to get me.

That's it.

Aalis na ko sa pamamahay na to.

I want to live my life that I wanted.