Chapter 30

I woke up at my phone ringing. Kaya dahan dahan akong umalis sa pagkakayakap ni Sofie saken at kinuha ung phone ko.

Mom calling..

Oh fck!

Why shes calling?

Maybe kuya failed sa pagkumbinsi sa kanila kaya she's angry right now. I inhaled deeply and cleared the negative thoughts in my mind bago ko sinagot ung tawag.

Dahan dahan akong lumabas sa kwarto ko para di ko magising si Sofie.

"Hi Mom. Good morning" I said as i sit down sa sofa

"Summer!! Where are you?! I woke up and you're not here. Tumakas ka ba kagabi hah?! I told you na dito ka muna sa bahay matulog. Me and your Dad are searching for you now. Please come home wherever you are!! " tuloy tuloy na sabi ni Mom. I know she's pissed right now base sa medyo pasigaw na ung boses nya -.-

And maybe im right na Kuya didn't tell her kase tulog na sila kagabi. I didn't expect na pupunta sya sa kwarto ko na ganito kaaga to check on me

"Hey Mom, im sorry. I should have told you na gusto ko umuwi sa condo kase Beb and Sofie was expecting me na umuwi. And they doesn't know about my condition yet pero i will tell them today. Im sorry if i had you worried mom. I cant sleep last night so i have nothing to do there so Kuya convinced me to go out. I thought he told you, but unfortunately, he didn't kase he never had a chance to talk to you guys last night, based sa reaction mo ngayon" i explained calmly to her.

I can hear her heavy breathing from the other line. She's calming her self.

"Mom... Im okay. Please don't get worried. That will never happen again. I cant forgive myself if I let you worried like yesterday."

"Okay." she gave up. "Please take ur meds on time, we love youu. We're expecting you to be here later so we can go to church together". Mom said more calmly this time.

"I promise mom. Can I bring my girlfriend? I mentioned it already to her last night ." pagkasabi ko nun, i can see that she become quiet bago nagsalita

"Of course anak. She's part of this family."

My heart skip a bit when i heard she's part of our family. It really felt great na my family is okay with her. Akala ko di sila okay, pero buti naman maayos naman pala

"Thank youuu for accepting her again Mom. I.. i know its hard on your part too because you've seen me changed because of her. I just..." i stop because im feeling overwhelmed na they really take this the way i wanted

"You just love her." Mom finished what im about to say. "We know anak and naiintindhan namin. We cannot protect you from all the pains that she caused. But she's the reason of your happiness too. She's bringing us the old Summer back, the real Summer. Besides shes a good kid. We know her. Yes she messed up one time, but she has a reason. At napapansin namin ung pagbabago sayo anak, nasabi un ng lola mo that you've changed simula nung umalis ka sa US. We know na dahil un sa kanya."

"Wow mom. You know her so well" i said amused

"Of course! You're my child and i can sense people who took interest sayo and who really loves you. In fact, there's one person that im sure that she really loves you too but you're too oblivious to notice".

"What? What are you talking about mom?". i ask confused kung sino ung tinutukoy nya.

"Its not my place to tell anak. Oh sige na. Your Dad's getting impatient bout his breakfast. I see you later okay? Dont be late. We love youuuu" sabi nya in a hurry and end the call.